33 Promise

Part 33 Promise

Khushi walked to Lavanya's room with the duplicate Khushali Hilma. When they entered the room, Hilma sat on the bed and smiled at Khushi.

"Your good name please..." she asked.

"Khushi..."

"Hi, Khushi... I'm Khushali..." she extended her hand toward Khushi.

Khushi looked at her hand and then at her face. Without clutching her hand, she said,

"You are not Khushali..."

"Whaaaat?" she stood up from the bed.

"I said, you are not Khushali"

"Whaa...t rubbish! I'm Khushiali only. I lost my mother when I was a kid. My father was the one who took care of me. He got a second heart attack. The doctor said he won't stand his third attack. That was why Arvind uncle decided to get me married to Arnav. My father wanted to thank Kedarnath. At that time, Arnav had his public exams. That was why he didn't accompany us... we got trapped in flood..." she recited what was taught to her.

Khushi showed her palm and stopped her.

"Everything is right. I don't deny but I said you are not Khushali"

"How do you say that?"

"You studied in St. Paul's higher secondary school. Your school conducted an inter-school competition. Your school and Holy Cross Schools were the finalists... your school was defeated by the Holy Cross School..."

"So what? Not everyone can win all the time but what's the connection between my loss and Khushali?" she stammered as she didn't know what Khushi was trying to point out.

"After losing the overall cup, you hit the girl because due to her worst performance only you lost points that led you to lose the cup"

"Yes, I did because I was fed up. You can't say I'm not Khushali just because I hit the girl"

"It's not the reason for me to say you are not Khushali. It's because you said while hitting the girl that it would have been your twelfth cup if you had won it"

"Haan... it's my last year of school life. That's why I said"

"If it was your twelfth cup, you can't be Khushali because she went missing when she was seven years old. That means she was studying in the third standard at that time. If you are Khushali, how could you be studied in the SAME school for twelve years?"

The duplicate Khushali turned opposite to Khushi.

"You are not Khushali but Hilma... that's your real name. Why are you cheating Raizadas? What's your aim? Why are you lying?"

Hilma turned toward Khushi and looked at her plainly. She had her phone in her hand.

"You are no Khushali, right?" Khushi asked furiously.

Before Hilma answered, Khushi got the answer from the doorstep.

"Yes, she is not Khushali"

Khushi looked behind only to find Arvind. Khushi understood her guess was right. She thought it must be Arvind who should have brought the girl because no one knew about the relationship Khushali had with Raizadas. Without Raizada's help, no one could have known about it. Arnav, Ratna, and Lavanya didn't seem interested in this girl. So, it must be Arvind.

He came inside locking the door.

"Uncle, do you know that?" Khushi asked.

"He is the one who wanted me to lie. He is the one who taught me about Khushali" Hilma said.