XV

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

chapter fifteen

I BREAK THE RULES AGAIN

SEN

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

"You have your money?"

"Yes."

"A change of clothes?"

"Yes..."

"Did you remember to pack a deodorant?"

"Okay, Sen," Percy said, cutting her off with a laugh. "I'll be fine."

Sen looked down. "I don't want you smelling like funk on your quest."

"I know."

"Annabeth will tease you for it."

"I know," Percy said. "Just look at me. I look ready to save the world, right?"

Sen glanced him up and down, studying his outfit. "You look like a lesbian."

"w h a t."

"You are dressed like a lesbian." Sen picked at his green flannel. "Like a really awkward lesbian in middle school that doesn't know she's a lesbian."

Percy looked down at his clothes. "I don't look like a lesbian!"

Grover run up, carrying his bag and his jacket. "Who looks like a lesbian?"

Sen pointed at Percy.

"Oh." Grover glanced at at Percy. "Oh!"

Percy shook his head. "I don't look like a lesbian, right?"

Grover nodded uncomfortably and turned to Sen. "So, Sen-"

"Grover, tell me I don't look like a lesbian?"

Grover wouldn't look at Percy. "Well, um, you like women, right?"

"Yes, but I am not a woman!" Percy complained. "I am a straight man!"

"Then dress like one," Sen told him. "And, you're not a man. You're twelve."

"I'm almost thirteen. The Jewish say you're a man at that age."

"And are you Jewish?"

Percy looked away, realizing he'd lost the argument. Sen noticed his gaze change and she stepped aside, following his line of sight. She saw Annabeth standing at the base of the pine tree she'd heard the legend about. The thought of Thalia- that poor daughter of Zeus- made her sad.

"She's really gonna miss that tree, huh?" Percy said.

Grover turned to him, his face sad. "When Annabeth first arrived here with Thalia and Luke, they were being chased by monsters. Agents of Hades. Sisters."