Mistake

After Clara had left to send her letter off, she was all alone. The young woman didn't know what to do. She cleared her throat, dismissing herself to the bathroom. Immediately looking at herself in the reflection of the bathroom mirror was enough to make her insecure of herself. There were so many people to blame for how she felt. None of this was her fault.

Her lips went into a thin line, her eyebrows scrunched up, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her tears ever so graciously picked at the scars on her face, causing a hot, stinging sensation to form onto her. She wiped her tears relentlessly with her wrists, trying to get them to stop.

There was no stopping the breakdown she was having. Her knees weakened, she fell to the floor. Her own face disgusted her. Everything about herself disgusted her. She felt disgusted of what she had become in such a short amount of time. It was embarrassing.

She had to get it together somehow. Her weak legs brought her up so she could take care of herself. Her wounds were still fresh, so she tended to them herself. She stripped herself of the torn, bloody clothing she wore. She prepared herself for a bath. The water ran as she took one last glance at her reflection. I could never have him seeing me looking this ugly. Or this weak at that. He would never want to see me like this.

After the water was filled to the point where she wanted, she stepped inside. She dipped a soap bar into her water, grazing her body with it ever so slightly. The soap bar was stained with blood by the time she was done. The soap entering her wounds, softly touching her bruises burned intensely. The white cloth she grabbed to scrub everything off was now stained with red. The bubbly water was slowly turning a dim red. She stared at the water for a moment, trying not to cry again.

"Norton...." She whispered, her crying breaking her voice and distorting it. All she wanted at this moment was his comfort, his presence. That cocky yet adorable smile that always graced his lips when he saw her. The way his face lit up at the sight of her. The way he acted exclusively around her and nobody else. She had forgotten all about how he made her feel towards the end of their last time together. She was so blinded by his good aspects that in her eyes he could do no wrong.

She wanted to tell him the situation so badly, a desperate cry for help. But, she didn't want to get him involved in her own problems. She didn't want to be a handful as much as she already was. She thought she was too much for him. She wanted to be the one for him so badly.

She was the one for him.

Not the new him.

But the old him.

She would have to fight for that version of him.

He looked further into her disappearance. Obviously she had no idea that the man she loved had come to the city. She didn't know how much longer she could be capable of handling. She was on the brink of doing something she might regret.