Chapter 5

A chilling atmosphere, accompanied by a slow jazz music and a cup of coffee in front of me, I take a good sip of it while scrolling on my phone.

I drop by a coffee shop after school, just to refresh my thoughts after a long day in school. Ah, this is simply the best.

I stumbled upon an account on Y that distracted me, the user uploaded a picture of a familiar scenery, sunset from rooftop. I think of it for a while, recalling a few days  ago and it led me into something.

This is the scenery on the rooftop at School!

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the uploader profile and decided to 'browse' it for a few minutes. Which ended up suprising me. As I saw a picture of the user wearing the same uniform from my school. It must be her, the mysterious girl I encounter in the rooftop.

I press the follow button and at the same time finishing my cup of coffee.

On the home, after having dinner and finished taking a shower, I received a notification on my phone..

@user223_ followed you back.

Together with a message from the same user.

"How did you find this account?"

I clicked on the notification and replied the message.

"Your account appeared on my Y algorithm, specificly the scenery picture you uploaded."

"So, it must be you..."

Huh? What?

"Sorry I don't understand, what do you mean by that?"

"You...are the person who visited the rooftop...right?"

"It's me, the girl you met that day."

I froze, suprised by what I just read. She is the girl I met in the rooftop? That weird mysterious girl? This must be a joke, ain't no way this is real.

She send me a message again..

"I've tell you we'll met again."

Not long after that, she send me a picture.

A selfie of that same girl, a short dark brown hair and a brown eyes. She wear her pajamas in this picture.

"You believed me now, right?"

I froze again, couldn't believe I somehow manage to find her account and the fact that she know it's me. All of this are confusing, really confusing.

"But, how did you know it's me?" I replied her message.

"Perhaps, fate truly work?"

That still didn't explain how you know me!

"It doesn't explain anything."

"Meet me again in the rooftop tomorrow."

Tommorow came, right now as I stand beneath the morning sun and a cold air that almost freeze me, I make my way to school.

Winter surely are coming, huh.

Last night still remain confusing to me, is it really the work of fate? Or just pure luck? But, how did she know that's my account? I've never uploaded any of my pictures, just my cat alone! I don't even use my real name as a username.

Fauna-senpai didn't oversleep today, that's good.

I walk into the same path as yesterday where Fauna-senpai called me, but I guess she didn't oversleep today, well that's good for her.

*ding dong

The school's bell ring and lunch break arrive, I took my lunch box with me upstairs toward the rooftop, intending to eat it there while waiting for the mysterious girl.

But, what a suprise, the mysterious girl already there when I arrive. But, this time I found her sitting in the shades while eating her lunch.

"H-hey..." I called her, hesitated.

"Sit down." She spoke with a cold tone. "Did you often eat your lunch here too?" She said as she took a glance at my lunch box.

"No...I was planning to eat it while waiting for you." I replied. "But, that plan are a failure since you've arrived here earlier than me."

"How kind of you waiting for me." She giggles now, a total opposite from earlier. "Then, how about you eat it now, here with me."

W-what is this, she is really cute!

"If you don't mind..."

I sit beside the mysterious girl, within this distance I could even smell her hair shampoo and her sweat fragrance.

"Did you cook it yourself?" She asked upon seeing my lunch.

"Nah, my sister did." I replied. "How about you?"

"I cook it by myself, though I'm still learning."

"That's actually look good."

"Thanks."

We both ate our lunch together, without any talking or anything. Just us, being busy eating our own lunch and accompanied with a cold breeze of air and a pair of silence.

"You must be curious about last night, right L/N-san?" She spoke, breaking the silence between us.

"Of course I did." I replied. "How did you know it's me in the first place?"

She freeze for a while before looking at my eyes, her mouth slowly opened. "I had a feeling it was you, and maybe it is also a work of fate."

"There is also a reason for you, on why did you follow my account?" She continued, asking me.

"I also have a feeling it was you, especially after seeing one of your pictures." I replied.

The mysterious froze once again after hearing my respond, she then smiled gently. "If that is true, maybe this is truly the work of fate." She blush slightly after finished her words.

"Oh!" She seems suprised. "I am, Roboco. I promise to give you my name if we met again, right?"

Perhaps this is the work of fate that will bind them together, or is it? Nobody know how fate work, not even the author of this story does.