Healed man.

They talked for the next hour before the session came to an end. Ved had shared parts of his mind from his time off. I made him feel good, lighter. He had developed a sense of comfort with his therapist, till the last time, to talk freely with her. 

She'd listen to him and provide him valuable suggestions, and he felt good about that, granted that was the whole point of her job. However, during this session, he kept a lot inside. He felt if he'd share more, she might diagnose him further and would be able to prove him a madman. That was one thought that had made him reluctant towards coming here in the first place.

Although he had his fears, he booked an appointment for his next visit. Bhavya had let him in on his condition a little more. She'd let him know that it would take some time for him to feel better. The medications that needed to begin and the fact that this wasn't a curable condition were also told to him. 

The guilt in his heart kept gnawing at his heart since then. Ved never could have imagined that being invested in his profession, albeit obsessively, would bring him to such a situation in his life. The realisation hit him hard but he now promised himself to do all he could to live a healthier life.

______________________

Several months and plenty of sessions into it, it was time for him to bid goodbye to the therapist. He had recovered well during the last few months and was in a condition good enough to bring an end to his now monthly psychotherapy sessions. However, he was still to continue his medications and had to be visiting her twice a year.

Through all these months, he had begun lecturing in colleges, more often than before. Ved had also learned to delegate his work to his team. His obsession had dialled down and for the first time in forever, he had friends at his workplace. 

He'd sometimes go as far as to fetch coffee for Eva, his colleague from a different department. She was one of his small circle of friends and was sweet personally. The crackhead in her was only visible when she was around her team, especially juniors or interns. 

She was scary then and Ved would usually steer clear of her at those times. They had developed a cute routine of having morning coffee together. They would both fetch it together usually but when either was busy the other would get it for them as well.

Apart from Eva, Abhi and Veer were part of Ved's circle. While Abhi was an introverted personality, Veer was more of a humourous guy with a casualness to his ways. They had all met Reyaan and it wasn't surprising, considering the many times he had been to Ved's office. To have lunch with them sometimes and drop off or pick him up other times.

Throughout these months he hadn't once seen Abhay and it was still highly disturbing for him to even think of how his mind had conjured up a whole personality. It scared him a little even today.

"I am grateful to have been of assistance to you through this, Ved. I hope you have a good and healthier life going ahead." Bhavya was glad to be sending him off, despite the little feeling of sadness within her.

They had developed a friendship through the months.

"I should be the grateful one here." Ved chuckled "It is because of your timely diagnosis and efforts that I have recovered so well. I really am thankful to you. Thanks Bhavya." The sincerity in his voice couldn't be missed.

"Take care. Be well. And you know you can reach out to me, without hesitation, anytime you feel you need any help, right ?"

"Yes of course. You've made that too clear for me to forget. I won't do anything to risk it again, but if need be, I will reach out. Don't you worry." He smiled with a nod and shaking her hand he left the cabin; Hopefully, to not come back here anytime soon.

___________________________________________

This is the second last chapter everyone. Basically I've split the last chapter into 2  parts.  And the last one is going to be released soon.

Let me know what you like about Ved's character so far.

See u soon with last update! :)