Chapter 21

My happy grin was immediately replaced with a polite smile. Why did I have to meet them on such a fine day?

"Hello Mr. Silber, Mr. Hart, and Corinna. What makes you come to my apartment?"

Mr. Silber was evidently angry hearing the way I was addressing him.

"You damned brat, is that any way to address your father? Is that the way I taught you to behave?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My father was absent in teaching me anything, which is why my mother divorced him. I truly didn't recognize you there." He wants me to lovingly call him dad as if everything from the past never happened? It is not my place to forgive him. It's mom's. Unless she tells me, I have absolutely no relation with this man.

His face was slowly getting red from pure rage. Seeing the circumstance, Corinna immediately stepped in. "Dad, please don't mind sister. She left with Ms. Hayes, so she never heard your perspective of the story. Sis, we're here today to invite you to my wedding."

She brought her hand to her stomach and started caressing it. "The baby inside is growing so fast that we must have our wedding this Friday. If you can't make it to the wedding, we hope you can come to our reception on Saturday." She let out a smile brighter than the sun towards Ayla. "We really hope you can be there. We need your blessings!"

I felt bitter inside, my stomach twisting and churning like a volcano. Did they have to come to my house to tell me this? Weren't we all just doing fine without talking to each other? I looked at the trio, taking into account how long it's been since I've seen them. "I give you my blessings right here, right now. I'm sorry, I'm not available this weekend so I can't make it to either the wedding, or the reception." I tried to make my way through to my apartment but Mr. Silber stopped me. My patience is wearing thin.

"If you don't come to the reception, I will personally make sure you regret it. Look at your sister! Haven't you hurt her enough?"

I swallowed down the laughs that leaped upwards. I really wanted to laugh. I hurt her? What about all that happened to me? Why do I have to torture myself by attending her wedding, watching her get married to my ex-fiancé? I looked at Corinna's face which was damp with tears, and sighed.

"Why do you want me to attend so much? We don't have a good history between us and wouldn't it be more annoying to see me at your grand event?" I tried to make her really understand that it was unnecessary for me to be present at her wedding!

"I...I miss you sister. I'm sorry, I didn't know you and Remus were engaged back then. By the time I knew it, it was already too late! We truly love each other!"

What a load of bull.

"If I attend your reception, can you promise to not bother me again?" You know, I might as well attend their reception and then cut off all relations for final, and have them stop pestering me.

"Ayla, why are you being so stubborn? You two are sisters you shou–" My gaze shifted to look at Remus, who once again was trying to shift the blame of this entire citation onto me. I took a deep breath. It's not worth getting annoyed over this.

"Remus you have no right to butt in into this conversation. Butt yourself out of it, please and thank you. Corinna, I am talking to you. If I attend your wedding reception, will you leave me alone?"

"I..I don't understand sis. Why can't we pretend the past just never happened? At least put it aside for the sake of your future niece/nephew!" Why was she pretending so damn hard?

"You're always so stubborn Rinna! Didn't I tell you, it was a waste of time coming here. I know you want to make amends with her but it's not worth talking to this despicable woman." Remus quickly took Corinna's hand and walked away to who knows where, but not before giving me a disgusted gaze.