they get their wisdom teeth removed

a/n: i'm sorry i didn't originally include andy! i only realized until not too long after i posted it, wondering why it seemed a little short, then realizing i didn't write anything for andy 😭 but he's included now at the bottom! enjoy!

John, 1982

John had just gotten his wisdom teeth removed, so the rest of the band came along with you, but you knew they just wanted to see how John would react to the anesthesia he had been given.

He was pretty loopy, to say the least.

He was looking at you upside down from the chair, because he was leaning backwards over it. You were trying desperately to stifle your laughs, as were the others.

Soon the doctor came back saying John was alright to go home. You stood up and pulled at his hand, but it fell away from your grasp. "C'mon, John," You said through a laugh. "You wook wike my girlfrien," John mumbled, completely zoned out. You giggled and glanced to the others, who were clearly just as amused at his behavior.

"Baby, I am your girlfriend," You said as you managed to grab his wrist. John gasped, "Weally?!" He exclaimed. You nodded, and he looked amazed. "Wow!" He exclaimed again, "I'm so wucky!" He then immediately allowed you to help him up, completely starstruck with you. "Who are you?" He asked, looking curiously at his band mates.

"We're your friends, and band mates," Nick said, and John looked confused. The stuff they gave him seemed to slow down and in this case completely stop his ability to comprehend things. "Wha?" He asked, and Simon snorted. "I can tell you later," You assured your boyfriend as you carefully led him outside.

———

"I'm famous?" John said as you had just told him the song on the radio was his as you were driving him home. "Yes," You replied, internally laughing at his cluelessness. But he was so cute at the same time, so you weren't laughing to make fun of him.

You soon brought him in, him nearly tripping on his own two feet multiple times.

"John, Baby, don't take the cotton out," You said as you lowered his hand away from his mouth as he was sitting on the sofa. "Wha happene?" He asked, a look of curiosity clearly on his face. "You just had your wisdom teeth removed," You said, and he looked bewildered.

"Tey took my teefh ou?" John asked as his eyes started to water. "Tey took my teefh!" He exclaimed as he began to cry. You stifled a laugh as you sat next to him. "Baby, you didn't need those ones anyway," You assured, "You still have all your others," You added, but he kept crying. You knew you'd have to playfully tease him about this once the anesthesia wore off.

Nick, 1983

"This won't be fun," Nick remarked as the two of you were sitting waiting for the doctor to call him back. "It will be for me, because you might be loopy after the anesthesia," You said with a smile as you took his hand, seeing a pout on his face. "C'mon Nick, I'll hold your hand as long as I can," You assured, and his pout lessened a bit.

"Ok," Nick said, leaning his head on your shoulder. He honestly didn't want to get his wisdom teeth pulled, but he knew he had to. But he also knew that you'd be here for him the whole time.

———

The rest of his band had called soon after you brought Nick home, asking how he was. You told him they'd have to come over and see for themselves, indicating that he was pretty loopy.