Halloween pt.2

Jennie bit her lip as they were nearing the entrance of Jisoo's front porch. She never liked sleeping in places that she wasn't familiar with. For all she knew, her parents would kick her out upon first greeting. That's why she stepped back, turned, and walked off. They wouldn't notice as they were in their own little conversation and Rosé would explain my disappearance.

Walking along the street of the unfamiliar neighborhood Jennie noticed how quiet it was. There wasn't music blaring from someone's garage or front lawn, no people slugging around on the corners, and no fear that anyone near Jennie would have a gun. As much as Jennie put on this tough facade she was literally scared of almost everything.

That doesn't mean she would back out on a fight. Jennie could fight. Jennie even initiates the fights! The point is she could get scared at the smallest things. Only people close to her knew that though. That was the main thing she remembered both her mom and dad saying when she was younger.

"Don't you let anybody see you're scared. That's bitch behavior." Her dad announced proudly. Swinging Jennie back and forth.

"Eduardo!! Don't say things like that. She's only 7!" Her mom laughed, scolding her dad. Sitting on the swing beside her as she smiles.

"Why can't i let anyone see im scared?" Even though Jennie was young, having heard such bad words before meant she knew not to say that part. Only speaking with 'b word' if needed.

"Because you're a Sanchez and a Kim and that means you ain't about to show someone you're gonna pussy out of shit! That's why you're learning to fight, right baby?" Her father asked, getting on his knees to be face to face with her.

"Right, apa!" Grabbing onto his face her hands on either side she squished his cheeks and his face scrunched up horribly. Jennies and her mother's giggles filling the air.

Jennie blew out a breath as she walked over to a guy smoking on the sidewalk. When she was right beside him she could make out his features as a little young.

"How old are you?" Jennie questioned.

"Why, you trynna get with me?" The boy quipped. He looked up just to be met with the disgusted face the girl pulled. He laughed and let out an exhale of smoke. "17." Looking back down he rolled up another hit.

Jennie eyes widened a bit. "Weed?" The boy nodded in confirmation. "Could I take a hit?" Again, he nodded and passed the joint over to Jennie. She thanked him and inhaled just enough so that she could be affected a little.

When she was done she gave it back to the boy and sat down beside him. "You're not from here." Jennie pointed out.

"Mhmm my g- ex lives here."

Jennie looked over at him. "Just broke up?"

The boy laughed. "Yup.." The boy popped the 'p' and waited a bit to proceed. "..dad found out about us. Didn't approve of his daughter dating a black guy. He didn't stop there though! No, he went on to call me a bunch of slurs and I got tired of it and left." He shrugged. "No big deal though, you?"

Jennie bit her lip as she leaned into the streetlight's pole. "My friend has a girlfriend here. Didn't want to stay that long it's not my place though." After a moment. "That shit he said to you, the dad, was fucked up! You don't deserve that shit."

The boy laughed. Actually full on laughed and almost dropped his joint if it weren't for Jennie. "Thanks, dude."

"Mhmm what's your name anyway?" Jennie turned to him a bit as he slouched and readjusted his beanie. "Anthony. You?"

"Jennie." She smiled. "Do you go to the Highschool near here?

"Yeah, I do maybe I'll see you sometime but.." The boy stood up and dust off his pants throwing the joint away. "I gotta go my parents are gonna bitch at me all night if I don't. Later, Jennie!"

"Byee Anthony!" As Jennie watched the boy leave she sighed and stood up. Making her way back to her house would take forever but it was worth it. She didn't want to not, not sleep tonight.
—-
When Jennie walked into class the next morning she was surprised to see Jisoo in a chair that wasn't beside hers. She let it go and sat at her usual corner in the back going on her phone before the bell rang.

There was just one thing stopping her from actually focusing on her phone. Jisoo. OH MY GOD SHE'S NOT EVEN NEAR ME AND SHE'S DISTRACTING ME. All because of her stupid laughter! Like why does someone have to laugh so loud.

I glance over to her table to see a girl smiling at her while she laughs. Whatever she's saying probably isn't even that funny.

Oh my god, what the fuck am I on.
——
Lunch rolled around and I sat at the usual table with Rosie. We were discussing what we were going to do after school when Lisa and Jisoo popped up. Lisa sitting beside Rosie effectively stealing her attention and Jisoo sitting near me but not as close as she usually does.

I glance over at her and tilt my head a bit. When she looks over to me I raise an eyebrow. I'm surprised she hasn't asked me why I wasn't there that Halloween night or why the fuck she wasn't sitting close to me. When she gives me a 'what' look i turn away. Staring at my food and playing around with it while I think.

What I wasn't aware of was the couple staring at me and Jisoo.

What I was thinking was why was I feeling like this. Me and her are friends but we don't talk. When we weren't she was always talking! What the fuck.

I stood up to throw my trash away and walked out of the cafeteria all together. I sighed, rubbing my head and left the school. I need to think so much right now and this shit isn't helping.