Chapter 6: Kyler

My mind was kinda reeling as I blow dried my hair, realizing I was going over to Taya Beckett's house. It was as much of a shock to me as it was the rest of my family, who couldn't believe that I was going over to "a friend's" house.

"You have friends?" Milana asked with sarcasm, that quite honestly wasn't wrong, when I told everyone Sunday morning at breakfast that I was going to be leaving later that day.

"Yeah, I got 'em around the same time your boobs came in!" I snapped at her while putting my pancake dishes in the sink. Milana gasped and her face fell open into shocked anger, while also looking down at her chest that had about as much dimension as a two-by-four.

"Enough, both of you," my mom said while my little brother, Declan, laughed at the word "boobs". "Ky, we were gonna do that grocery store scavenger hunt video today. What are you going over to this girl's house for?"

When my mom asked this, Milana's eyes flicked over to me with a questioning look and a slowly formed grin. My sister was the only one in my family that knew I was gay, and that was because she walked in on me and a former "friend" of mine last year. My little sister just happened to walk in on two very naked girls. So, when I was on top of this girl moaning my name, Milana was able to piece it together before I even explained it all to her.

Milana's eyes were saying, "You gettin' some?" and I gave her the look that said, "No way in hell".

"We're doing a project for class together," I said quickly.

"What class?" Milana asked, very obviously trying to see if I was lying about my reasoning for going over to Taya's.

"I'm helping her with an English project," I had said to both Milana and my mom. It wasn't the truth but it wasn't necessarily a lie either.

My mom huffed after my dad said it was fine for me to go. "Alright, but Ky I want you in the ad we're filming for Polaroid this week. I wanna film it on Tuesday since it's supposed to rain the rest of the week," my mom said as I started to creep out of the kitchen.

"Fine," I told her before turning and rushing off to my bedroom.

The next two hours had been spent, very slowly getting ready to go to Taya's house. Milana even asked if I was sure I wasn't trying to fuck this girl, and I assured her I was 100% not going to bang the princess herself. "I can promise you, that's not what's happening at all."

In reality, I took a long time to get ready because it could be the only solitude I got sometimes. I went through the routine of showing and then blow drying my hair before I went to check my Dexcom readings. I was deciding on which hoodie to wear when my mom barged into my room, of course, with her camera in hand. Knock much?

"And here's Kyler! She's not gonna be going out with us today because she's going to a friend's house for some school work, but she's still alive!" she yapped out in her camera ready, customer service-esque voice.

As the lens panned over to me, I quickly tried to plaster on a smile before waving at the camera. I must've not been ready in enough time, because my mom brought the camera down and turned to me.

"You gotta smile as soon as you're on, okay? You know what all the comments always say. Oh, Ky looks so sad and depressed. Kyler always acts like she doesn't wanna be there." my mom said, pitching her voice up to imitate the comments. I turned my head away a little and wished I could've already left.

"Okay," I muttered, before rolling my shoulders back and sitting up. Here goes my best attempt at acting.

I was smiling before the camera was even turned at me, just to prepare for it. My mom repeated the exact same line as before, but I followed it up with, "I'm alive and well! Just busy!" with a laugh that hopefully wasn't too forced.