Fourteen

Sienna's point of view:

"How can I help you?" A security man asked me through the window of the guard room.

I am currently in front of Mr. Atono's house.

"I am Mr. Atono's assistant. He called me here." I explained to him.

"Your identity?" He asked as he picked up the telephone.

"Sienna Tiffin," I informed him.

He made a phone call and after confirming my identity from his boss, he hung up the phone and faced me.

"You can come in, miss." The middle-aged man smiled at me.

The gate opened and I got in.

I started walking towards the main house which wasn't far from the gate.

I ran the bell when I got to the entrance of his house waiting for him to open up.

The door unlocked by itself, I guess because no one was there when it got opened.

I went into the house reluctantly.

I took a quick eye tour of the interior designs of the house.

It was painted white as usual with different beautiful designs and furniture. The apartment was small but breathtaking.

"Mr. Atono?" I called his name quietly for him to know about my presence.

"You are here!" He started descending the stairs with a glare on his face.

"Yes sir," I said to him,

"Go and do my laundry." He commanded.

"What?" I asked him in shock.

"You heard me right, Miss Tiffin. Go and have my laundry done. You failed to call the woman so you have to face the consequences." He announced.

I am so sorry but I can't do your laundry Mr. Atono. It is not part of what I was meant to do. I can't do your laundry and I don't think it is appropriate for me to be in your house." I objected to his demand.

"I hired you and I have the right to send you any errands I want except illegal errands. As long as you are with me and I pay your salaries, I don't think you should have the guts to refuse my demand, Miss Tiffin. I can send you to my house any time any day. So don't you dare complain?" He glared at me.

"I am only hired to work with you at the office." I resorted.

"What's the meaning of personal assistant?" He questioned as he put his hand in his pocket.

I refused to answer him.

"A personal assistant not just an assistant means you will assist me in everything I do. In my daily activities, in any events that take place, you are only subjected to me and me alone. You will follow me on any trip I want to go to assist me, you should also have the key to my house if I trust you well enough So I don't think I am doing anything wrong by inviting you here to do my laundry."

"You can invite me if it is work-related."

"All jobs I give you are work-related, Miss Tiffin. You shouldn't be doing my laundry but you failed to call the laundry woman and I only do my laundry Mondays unfailingly so you should do those laundry and get back home on time." He explained sternly but I didn't even flinch.

"If you are not interested, Miss Tiffin, I think you should resign or I will fire you at this instance." He said sternly.

My heart stopped at the mention of that.