Chapter 8: Realization

Caitlin

When I woke up, I almost forgot where I was until the memories of last night came flooding back. When I looked down, I see that AJ has her arms wrapped around me and her head is laying on my chest. She looks so beautiful and at peace when she is sleeping. But I just started to get worried as I think about what happened and what it's going to do to our future and friendship.

I decided that I needed to get out of here, because it was a mistake. I have too strong of feelings for AJ to just act like this was a good idea. I looked at the time and it was 6am, so it means that I could sneak out of here without anyone noticing.

As I slowly unwrap myself from AJ, I noticed that she was still a heavy sleeper just like when we were kids. So it definitely helped me sneak out of bed, collect all of my clothes, and made it to the bathroom to change back into them before making my escape.

I started to feel the guilt when I made it to the elevator, because I know that leaving her like this is going to hurt her. I just couldn't face her especially when it was my idea in the first place.

The moment the elevator doors opened I walked out without anyone noticing me, and headed straight for the door. I didn't stop until I walked into the coffee shop around the corner. I ordered a coffee and decided to walk. I didn't want to show back up to my hotel so soon just in case AJ showed up to confront me.

I ended up walking to the beach and the moment I sat down in the sand, my phone started to go off. It was AJ calling me, and I just watched it ring. I turned it to silent as she started to message me. I didn't open the messages I just read the notifications of the message.

AJ- Where did you go?

AJ- Are you Okay?

AJ- Did I do something wrong?

AJ- Are you mad at me?

AJ- Talk to me Cait.

AJ- CAIT

AJ- CAITLIN

AJ- CAITLIN CLARK

After that my phone went silent until a few minutes later when Paige called me. When I didn't pick up she started to message me.

Paige- AJ just called me and said that you left without even a message. I don't know what happened, but you are not going to ignore me.

Paige- Just tell me where you are.

Paige- I promise that I will not tell AJ.

Paige- Come on Cait.

Caitlin- I am okay Paige and I will be back at the hotel soon. I just can't face AJ, and I knew that the hotel was going to be the first place she would go looking for me.

Paige- What happened Cait?

I finally started to break down and started to cry. Because I am the one who caused this. I was the one who forced her to be honest about her feelings. I was the one who made the first move, and I was the one who told her to take me to her hotel room. I finally messaged her to meet me at the diner that I passed on my walk here. I also told her to bring Nika and Hailey. Because I only wanted to tell the story once.

30 minutes later...

All four of us were at the diner eating, and I told them what happened and why I left. I told them that I just couldn't face her because it's not like she's going to change her mind and move back. AJ is not even going to come out to her mother about being bi, so it was just a bad idea in general.

All three of them comforted me, and told me that it was okay. But I know that it definitely is not going to be okay between me and AJ.

Paige- By the way AJ and Charles have left the United States. Their flight was at 8:30am, so AJ is gone. But she did tell me to tell you to message her.