Chapter 33: I Can Hear the Bells

AJ

I woke up in a panic to my phone blowing up with so many notifications, and I woke Charles up in the process. Which he gives me a worried look before asking me...

Charles- Is everything okay?

I didn't answer him and just checked my phone, and started to scroll through all of my messages until I finally see what caused my phone to go berserk. I clicked on the video, and that's when I realized that Caitlin was talking about me and Charles.

It's just a video of her at a bar sitting with Kate and Gabby, and let's just say this wasn't a conversation that was supposed to go public.

Kate- Are you okay?

Caitlin- Yeah I am fine.

Gabby- You are not fine. You have been moping and unfocused for a while now.

Caitlin- I don't want to talk about it.

Kate- You know that we are here for you right?

Caitlin- Of course I do. You guys are not only my best friends but my family.

Gabby- But seriously is it the pressure from the media, or do you miss...

Caitlin- AJ? Of course I miss AJ. It has always been AJ. But I need to move on because she obviously did.

Kate- You know that AJ and Charles are not together.

Caitlin- If they are not together now they will be.

The video ended right after Caitlin said that, and I am trying to process what just happened. I started to read through my other notifications and long story short my fan base is going crazy. Because Caitlin just admitted something happened between us, and then basically said that I have moved on. Which is true, but it's how she said it.

Most of my fans are defending me, and saying that there is more to the story. Others are saying that it's out of context and that there was nothing going on because Caitlin rejected me. And then there are people who believe that I left Caitlin to be with Charles. Which then causes the circle to repeat itself.

I finally put my phone back down, and I looked at Charles. He's looking at me with worried eyes, but I reassured him that everything is okay by saying...

AJ- Obviously that video wasn't meant for the public and it will blow over by the end of the weekend.

Charles- Are you sure?

AJ- As long as neither one of us comments on the video, it will disappear by the next big story.

Charles gives me a reassuring smile and then snuggles back into me. I looked at the time and it's 6am. We don't have to be at the church until 2pm because the wedding is at 3:30pm and should be over by 4:00pm. Then they will take Wedding photos until 5:30pm, and that's when the reception will start. And the reception will end at 10pm with their send off to the airport. But until then Charles and I don't have any obligations, and it honestly feels nice.

I tried to fall back asleep, but I ended up looking through my messages instead. I messaged everyone back who messaged me about the video. Which was mostly my family, Paige, and Kate. Kate is the only Hawkeye I really keep in touch with and we don't talk about Caitlin.

After messaging back and forth with Kate, I decided to get up. Which was hard because Charles really didn't want to let me go, until I promised him that I will be back.

The first thing I did was throw on a hoodie and shoes, so I could take Enzo out. Then I filled his food bowl and gave him fresh water before making my way to my room. I ended up taking off the hoodie and shoes. Plus my oversized t because it was honestly hot on the couch.