Seoul

Yunjin didn't hesitate to book the first flight out to Seoul after the call ended. She explained to Chaewon what happened, and her girlfriend didn't think twice about letting her fly back home to be there for Ryujin.

It was more difficult to explain things to Eunchae since she started crying and said she was worried that Yunjin wouldn't come back. After holding the teen for a while, she assured her that she was going to be back and that she just needed to be there for a good friend of hers. Even promising her to bring her a gift when she comes home.

Her work was happy enough to let her take a leave until she came back. Seems they were still apologetic about the accommodations mishap, and they immediately approved her leave.

Chaewon rode a taxi with her to the airport that morning. Hugging Yunjin tightly and kissing her goodbye when she had to get to the boarding area already.

This would be their first time away from each other ever since they started dating. Yunjin couldn't help but feel like there was a part of her that was missing when Chaewon wasn't going to be there.

But their love was strong, and she knows she'll be back in time to get another kiss from her girlfriend. Cheesy, yes, it was. But it kept her going.

Though, Yunjin admits that she missed her home. The sight and smell of Seoul was nostalgic, and she was happy to see the familiar buildings again. Not to mention she could freely speak Korean again.

She made a stop at her mom's house first. She texted Ryujin she'll meet her on the next day so she can spend some time with her mom before she heads to her place.

Her mom didn't hesitate to wrap her up in a big hug when she got there. Her Sister was too proud to admit she missed her, but they hugged it out anyway. Over dinner she told her mom everything about Japan and about Chaewon and Eunchae.

She couldn't hold in a squeal when Yunjin showed her a picture of Chaewon. She was giddy about the fact that Chaewon was beautiful and most importantly that she knew how to cook. Her mom kept telling Yunjin to bring her to Korea the next time so they can finally get introduced. All of it made Yunjin happy. At least her mother loved Chaewon already and she was excited to tell Chaewon that.

When the next day came, Yunjin told her mother that she needed to spend the night at a friend's place and took a taxi to Ryujin apartment.

She stepped inside the building, greeted the concierge and the doorman, then made her way to Ryujin's floor. Yunjin still remembered her code and when she punched it in, the door opened, and she noticed that it was dark inside.

She peeked her head in. "Ryu?" She called out. But there was no answer. She quietly goes inside and turns on the lights to the living room. Her eyes went wide with the current state of her apartment.

Papers were scattered everywhere, clothes were thrown in different parts of the room and a picture of Ryujin and her girlfriend was broken on the floor, glass shards shattered all over.

Yunjin took off her shoes by the entrance and immediately found the vacuum, she cleaned up the mess before an accident was going to happen.

Ryujin was probably inside her room.

Before she entered she grabbed her phone and saw Chaewon sent her a couple of messages.

8:32 AM

Chaewon: Hi, baby. Did you eat breakfast already?

Chaewon: Eunchae said she misses your kimchi. I tried making it myself last night, but she said yours was better. :(

Chaewon: I miss you.

Chaewon: But I hope Ryujin is okay. Update me when you can, okay? I love you.