Stressed

It was sad to see Ryujin go. Knowing that things between her and Yeji were pretty intense a little after the hot springs trip. Chaewon noticed the sudden demand from her friend for her and Yunjin to join them for dinner.

Sometimes Yunjin would let her go with them so she could stay home and be with Eunchae. Oftentimes when Eunchae was spending the evening with Kyujin, the couple would join them, at least they won't have to worry about leaving her niece all alone at home.

But seeing her friend try her best to conceal her feelings was even difficult. Yeji has never really had these kinds of problems before, knowing that she was the one who started becoming sexually active by the end of high school. Plus, she was at the same level as Wonyoung, so Chaewon was quite taken aback when she said that she didn't have sex with Ryujin.

Maybe there really was something between the two of them that somewhat tamed her urges. Maybe it was a change of heart. She wasn't sure what it was. But sometimes romantic feelings can make or break a person. She just hopes Yunjin knows what she's doing.

Chaewon was just lucky enough that Yunjin and her were on the same page. Despite the rough start they had after the bathroom incident and Chaewon had absolutely no idea what to do with herself, they made it work. Even if it scares her that they'll soon break the bubble of puppy love and that they're bound to face something challenging in the future. But she had faith. Yunjin loved her and she did as well. More than she knows it.

"Miss Kim, will you be the one to attend?" The teacher took her out of her thoughts, and she blinked at her.

Right, she was in another formal PTA meeting. Chaewon doesn't understand why she involved herself in things like this. Maybe because she wasn't a parent, but she believed that if she was more involved then it would help Eunchae. It just felt weird to attend it alone again without Yunjin this time. Since her girlfriend was kind enough to attend the first three conferences with her before this one.

She doesn't know how Yui did it; being a mother was hard. Being an aunt was a challenge on its own, especially when the teachers need the actual parent to be there and she's just a proxy. Sometimes she wishes to tell the teachers that she was also tired of being there instead of her brother. Always giving the same excuse each time. But the only real reason why she didn't mind was her love for her niece.

Chaewon cleared her throat, fixing the pencil skirt she thought was appropriate to wear, but it obviously wasn't because of the cold weather. "Yes, I will."

The other parents couldn't help but look at her with silent and judgmental looks. Of course she knows she's not Eunchae's mother. But who else was going to be there for her niece?

The teacher noted her response and then after saying a few more words to the other parents, the meeting was adjourned. But before Chaewon could take her leave, the teacher caught her attention.

"Chaewon." The teacher finally decided to let go of the formalities since they were really good friends back in high school. "I hope you don't mind, but I thought it would be nice to catch up."

Chaewon nodded at her and sat on the chair in front of the table. She knows what this was about, so she decided to just ask straight up. "Are the parents talking about me again?"

Kazuha gave a deep sigh and dropped her head on the table. "Kind of. And it was so annoying with how they just made assumptions about you."

Chaewon let out an exasperated sigh. She should be used to this, but she already took a lot of judgment during Eunchae's last years in elementary school. She was hoping that parents from this school would be different. Obviously, they weren't.