Sick

Yunjin stirred in bed when she woke up from her alarm beeping that morning. She reaches over her bedside table and slaps the little device to turn it off. But mornings like these mean that Chaewon was already awake, making breakfast, and all she had to do was get up and greet her good morning.

She turned over to Chaewon's side, and her eyes shot open when she felt Chaewon was still in bed with her, but her temperature was warmer than usual.

She sprung herself up and placed a hand over Chaewon's forehead. "Baby? Baby, you're sick." She says, rubbing her thumb on Chaewon's forehead.

Chaewon turns and tries to open her eyes, but she still manages to smile at Yunjin. "Good morning, baby."

Yunjin couldn't help but smile back and leaned over to kiss her, but Chaewon was quick to place her hands over her lips to stop her. "You're gonna get sick if you kiss me."

"But—" Chaewon presses her hands more to make her stop talking. Then she furrows her brows and mumbled something.

"I just need to lie down and take meds. I'll be fine." Chaewon assured her. But then she tries to get up from bed. "Oh no, I have to make breakfast for everyone."

Yunjin immediately stopped her and pushed her gently back to lie down. "Better stay in bed, my love. I can cook breakfast."

"But you have to get ready for work?" Chaewon says with big puppy eyes. It made Yunjin's heart clench, but she needed to be firm. Chaewon was sick, and doing more chores wasn't going to make her feel better.

"Then I'll drag Ryujin to help me." She says, stealing a kiss on her lips before she bolts out of the room.

She runs to Ryujin's door and knocks it more than three times. "Ryu." She called out. When there was no response, she knocked again, a little more times than the first.

As expected, she heard stomping from inside the room, and Ryujin swung the door open, scowling at her.

"If Chaewon didn't love you so much, I would have fucking drowned you in the toilet." She growled. "What the fuck do you want at five in the morning?"

"Chaewon is sick." She breathes out. "We gotta make Eunchae breakfast."

Ryujin's face softened and furrowed her brows. "Oh no, it might be because she got wet from the rain yesterday."

"Why did she get wet from the rain?"

Ryujin scratches her head, to Yunjin's disgust, and closes the door behind her. "It rained suddenly, and she rushed to get all the laundry she hung outside. I tried to catch up to her with an umbrella, but she was already soaked when I did." She said, as they walked downstairs and entered the kitchen.

Yunjin sighs as she takes the usual breakfast food out from the fridge. "At least we both can cook a decent meal." She raised a brow at Ryujin. "You know how to cook for a thirteen-year-old human being, right?"

"I don't treat dogs the same as children, you ass." Ryujin barked back at her as she placed the pan over the stove. "Plus, Wonyoung said my cooking tastes way better than yours."

Yunjin pushed her playfully, and they started messing around before they heard someone clearing their throat by the doorway. They turned to see Eunchae standing there and trying to understand why two adults were roughhousing in her kitchen and not making breakfast.

Eunchae decided to help out, and they all finished everything quicker than expected. Eunchae made the effort to make something warm for Chaewon's fever and rushed to her before she left for school.

Once they were done with breakfast, Eunchae said goodbye to Yunjin and Ryujin, leaving the two friends to clean up. Ryujin immediately told her to get ready for work since she didn't have a lot of time left.