Buddha's Feet

"I said get up. Cannot you hear me?"screamed an old man as he beat the little child sitting quitely on a stone platform.

The child had sat like that for days. Not moving. The old man just could not handle it anymore. He was getting affected by this little brat. He was a butcher afterall. He could not feel the thrill of killing the animals now. As the child sat quitely,he felt the change around him. The animals whom he had dragged to his shed to kill now walked to the stone where he killed silently. They just whinned a little in protest. But nevertheless,they did not react. It felt like they were in fact happy to die. Before death,they just looked at that child,or in direction of that child and died..

The old butcher,with head full of black hair and skin of bronze with muscles had relied on the thrill he felt during killing the animals after he lost one arm while fighting. He liked the feeling he got,after he glanced at the helpless eyes of the animals who could not speak. The pleading in their eyes,to be freed. Their effort to break free from the ropes. He felt very happy..

But now,as he observed. Animals died quitely. There was even more surprises. They seemed to be instictively wanting to die first. Like they were racing to die. And he did not feel the desperate plea he always felt. The fear. That he fed on. So he searched for the reason. Finally found it. That child sitting quitely on the rock. He was the cause. How did hd find it?

He also felt the urge to fall asleep under the shade of his shade. He had never felt it before. Infact. He was very active. But he felt the need to rest. And as he came closer,he found more wish to fall asleep..

So he knew..

Then he started his tantrums. To disturb the child. He even raised his knife to kill..

Just as he was about to raise his hand to chop the head of the child,the child opened his eyes. And smiled. The purest smile ever. Like he did not know anything. Like a newborn. The man stood quite.

And watched. The child got up. Then looked around. In wonder. Then slowly started walking. He walked step by step. As if he was on a leisure walk. But the butcher watched from behind.

The animals he had killed these few days ran around the child. They danced,played. And the child stood between them.

The butcher shook his head to wake himself up. But then too he saw the same. They were dancing and singing around him. Soon he saw. Those animals glow into golden dust and they merged in the child..

But wait..

How did that child look?

The butcher watched as the back of that figure moved. But he could not remember the face anymore. Scared,he picked up a thin skin he has dried and carved a blurry figure.

Then wrote few words..

Soon afterthat,many saw the old ruthless butcher sitting on a stone,eyes closed. As tear drops of longing fell from his eyes. He too wanted to be like those animals. Play around that child. Sing and dance around that child..

The purest joy he had felt as he watched them. He wanted to live through that.

But who was that child. Why was he there?

After few years,there were feets carved on the stone..

The butcher and his group of disciples had named it..

Buddha's Feet..

Because he could feel. The sand too be in joy while touching those feet..

He knew they could not feel it, without that child being present. But they wanted to work for it..