Part 10: Sleepless Nights

I crept down the hallway towards me and Dwayne's shared dorm. I opened the door and just flopped onto my bed. "Mmmm Sandy" I heard Dwayne groan "yeah" I said "can u shhh we have school at 8 tomorrow" Dwayne said "well that's in 3 hours now" I told him. He shot up from his bed "you're telling me it's 5" he asks "yeah?" I said confused "shoot" he said as he snatched a towel and ran out the dorm. "Bye I guess" I said. I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't Tyler was still following me around everywhere I went.

Time skip lol
In class I noticed that everyone struggled to stay awake in class including myself. Tyler was there to he was sitting on a counter next to the window. I was basically falling asleep against Fulton's shoulder. Ms McKay went over and shook Luis awake. "Why are you guys so tired?" She asked. "Bombay kept us up at the rink until 2:00 am this morning." Fulton mumbled from next to me "what about you Sandy?" She asked "hospital people didn't let me sleep like at all" I explained "Alright, I'm cancelling practice today. Go back and rest." Ms McKay told us. Fulton quite literally picked me in his arms bridal style as we all left, I guess Fulton was planning on bringing me back to his and Dean's room. I looked back and Tyler was still following us. "Fult" I say "hm" he asks "someone's following us" i told him Fulton turned around "nobody's there" he told me before he opened his dorm door and walked in.

Another time skip lol

Later that afternoon, Dean was leading us in a team stretch out on the field. "Coach isn't here, why do we have to be?" Connie asked. "We have a game tonight. We have to workout." Dean told us. "I say mutiny. Who's with me?" Goldberg asked. "Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny." Dwayne said. "Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning." I said.
"Speak for yourself, babe." Dean said in a sarcastic tone. "Her name is Sandy, not babe." Banks said, trying to defend me. Dean had already made it worse. "Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy!" He said, pushing Banks.
"Hey, Portman, chill!" Fulton intervened
"Fulton!" I scolded, jumping on his back.
Everyone started pushing each other but we were interrupted by someone yelling at them. "Yo, Team USA, what are you gonna do today, a million jumping jacks?"

"This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him.
Look, Fulton!" Dean said, turning back around.
We all started fighting again. Jesse pushed past us all. "Hey, man, I'm gettin sick of you!"
"I'm gettin sick of seeing the USA represented by a bunch of whining babies." "Too bad you can't back up that mouth." "Man, me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere." "I don't see no boys." "I got em waitin. Grab your gear and let's go play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride. Come on, it's not too far, you little wimps. Come on." a security came to escort him out. "What are you doin? Get off! You comin or not? Let's go."

"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been chokin big time." Russ' older brother said. "Well, your brother's got a big mouth." Jesse said. There was a moment of silence. "He does, doesn't he?" Russ smiled.
"Anyways, we thought we'd call you all to see what you got." "Yeah, we know you can talk to the press and sign autographs and stuff." Russ said. "We can do more than that." Luis spoke up. "Oh yeah? Well, we can teach your to play like the real team USA." "What would you know about it?" Dean asked.

I watched as Dean was shoved against the fence. "You gotta earn every inch." Russ' brother said. We all skated around the basketball court on our roller skates. Russ, his brother, and their friends were pretty rough. I watched as Dean was shoved against the fence once again. "Hey, ain't no whistles out here either.You keep diggin until you score that goal!" Russ was the first one to score. Luis got the puck and scored but ran into the fence. Fulton then got the puck and shot it at the trash can but it bounced off and hit a man's car.

"Eh, no sweat it happens all the time." Russ' brother said. "Excuse me. Throw it back, please." Charlie yelled out. "Here, kid. Alley oop." The man said, throwing the puck back over the fence. "Was that Snoop Dogg?" I asked Fulton in a sarcastic tone. Charlie went after the puck and shot it in. Russ took the puck and propped it up on its side before sending it flying through the air and into the can.Everyone stared at each other in shock. That was so cool. Fulton and me skated over to Russ. "What the heck kinda shot was that?" Fulton asked.

"Ah, you like that, huh?" "Yeah." Fulton responded. "That's my knucklepuck. It's hard to be accurate but it drives goalies crazy." Russ explained. I smiled. "I like you." I said.
"Well, thank you." Russ said. Dean skated up behind them. "Sorry dude, but she's his." He said, wrapping his arm around Fulton shoulders while Fulton's arm went to around my waist. Kenny got the puck and shot it in. "Aw, you done messed up now! Come here, I'm gonna get you!" Russ' brother said, rushing towards him. "Come here. Come here! Come here, junior!Come here! No. I'm just messin with you, okay.Listen. When a guy comes at you like I just did, you do this, stick, gloves, and shirt." He said, throwing his stick and gloves to the ground before going to pull Kenny's shirt above his head. "Okay?" "Yeah, okay. My turn." Kenny said before doing the same thing. "Alright?"
"Alright."