Part 1: I Made It.

I sat on my bed reading my favorite book, it's called Fight Club. I like it a lot. "Sandy get down here, you got a letter!" My ma shouts from downstairs. "Coming!" I said as I shut my book and ran downstairs. This is it the moment I find out if I made it on team USA, or not. I sighed deeply "well? Open it" my ma said "I'm scared you do it" I said holding it out. "Stop being a baby and just open it!" She says pushing the paper back to me. "Okay okay okay" I said as I tore open the envelope revealing a piece of paper. "Dear Parents/Guardians of Sandy Leigh, blah blah blah uh we saw how good Miss Sandy was at her skating techniques and her scores are through the roof. Um WE WOULD LIKE HER TO PLAY FOR TEAM USA" I shouted jumping up and down in the air as my mom just patted me on the shoulder.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the house phone dialing my best friend, Micheal. Don't worry he's gay, but most of the times people think we're dating. "Hello?" Micheal's mom answered the phone of course she did. "Hi Mrs James, can you put Micheal on please" I ask "oh hello Sandy I'll get him now" she said "who is this" Micheal's high pitched voice said into the phone. "it's me, Sandy! I did it!" I said "did what?" Micheal asked "i made team USA!" I quite literally shouted into the phone "really! That's amazing!" Micheal said "yeah and I go to Minnesota tomorrow to meet the team, then I go to California to like play in the tournaments and stuff" I rambled on "yeah listen Sand I'd love to stay and chat but I gotta go" Micheal said "oh uh that's okay, bye Micheal" I said before he hung the phone up.

I turned back around to my ma who had 3 brown paper bags on the kitchen counter. "What's the bags for?" I ask "it's just groceries, I suggest you go and pack for your hockey trip" she said "oh right" I said before walking upstairs to my room. When I got to my room I grabbed 2 bags, my hockey bag and my suitcase. I started packing my suitcase with a swimsuit, socks, bras, underwear, pants, shirts, dresses ,my skateboard, my hockey jersey and my hockey pants. And my hockey bag just had my hockey gear and some protein bars. I zipped up my things then my ma called out "Sandy dinner!" I knew that I would probably get the regular, a salad with no nothing just like the green stuff. I walked downstairs and just as I knew it was a salad with nothing. "Thanks" I said as I walked back upstairs and set the bowl on my top dresser that was next to 2 photos in frames.

The first one was a photo of me and my ma before things went south, the second one was a photo of Portland Piranha's most recent state championship which we won. I decided to pack the photo of the Portman Piranha's championship win to take with me. After I finished packing my things I realized that it was already 9pm and I had to be at the airport at 6am so I should probably wake up at 4 to get ready and then I don't know how long it takes to get through all the high tech stuff so 4 it is!