Chapter Six: Merry Hanukkah?

I hit my head in frustration. Christmas for Stan is only three days away and his gift isn't ready yet! I get up and go into my closet. I stand on a few items and grab the item at the top of the shelf. I pull it down, look at it, and smile.

Flashback to a while back

I walk through Hastings, looking at just about everything I find even remotely intersting.

I walk by mangas and slightly turn my head. I see Stan over by the skateboards. I take a detour in my travels through the store and walk over to him.

"Hey Stan." I say, standing next to him. He looks at me and smiles.

"Kyle! How've you been?" He asks me.

"Good. What are you looking at?" I ask him.

He looks back down at the case with the skateboards. "That one." He says, pointing at the third board to the left. It's a badass Captain America board. "I don't have the money though... but as soon as I do, that board is mine!" I see the joy fill up his face.

"What if someone buys it before you?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "Then it's theirs. Nothing I can do about it. Except maybe convince them to sell it to me. Or steal it. Whatever works." He says jokingly. I laugh a little. "So what are you here for?" He looks away from the board and at me.

I shrug. "Everything that intrests me. Which happens to be everything." I say.

He chuckles. "Nerd." I smile.

End

I smile at the memory and look at the board. Still brand new. I clean a bit of the dust off of it and set it on the floor.

After I bought it, Stan freaked out. No one knew I bought it, so he just assumed that someone from a different town took off with it. He couldn't keep his mind off of it for months, I could tell.

I get a large box and put the board in it. I go back to my closet and get out the helmet I got to go with it. I put it in there too. I finally go over to my desk and pull out a card. I already wrote what I needed in it.

Stan,
I remember how much you wanted it. Sorry I had to hide that I was the one who bought it, but gifts have to be kept a secret, right? Anyways, Merry Christmas to you.
One last thing... I think... I maybe... like you... yeah. I do. And I'm just realizing this. Sorry for the long wait.
~Kyle

I smile at the letter. I put in in a mini envelope and set it in the box. I tape the box close and wrap it to the best of my abilities. I put a little bow on top and look at whag I've done. It doesn't look as good as I've seen before, but it's okay. I guess. I write Stan's name on it as the final touch.

I have to go give this to Stan.

... I haven't seen him since the day that we went home. That's almost three weeks. I'm guessing his mom didn't take something very well. I just have to hope for now that it wasn't the whole boyfriend part...

I walk down the stairs with the box. Dad stops me.

"Kyle, what's that and where are you going?" He asks me.

"It's a present for Stan for his Christmas thing or somethig like that. It's I gift I want to give him." I say.

"Alright. Be home within the hour, okay?" I nod and leave the house.

I walk to Stan's house. When I reach it, I knock on the door. After a second, his mom opens the door. "Oh, hi Kyle." She says. "What do you need?"

"Uh... can you give this to Stan on Christmas? Or anytime? It's supposed to be a Christmas gift or somehing like that." I say.