Reconcilable

The Britain's POV

Later that week, all of us decide to go back to Amsterdam early, also, the trial will start pretty soon. I am excited to see Soviet again, but I am unsure of the atmosphere the former enemies will emitt each other. But since Netherlands had spoken with America that faithful evening, my eldest has made a mental recovery for the best, rather fast as well! Bloody hell, I ought to ask Neth on advice there. What in the world did he tell my stubborn eldest??? This man never fails to surprise me in any sort of way. Impressive. A feat no one achived before. Reaching my residence in the Dutch Capital with my sons, walking the last part on foot, I get surprised seeing Soviet and Amsterdam at the door, trying to have a conversation. At least one is, and everyone knows who is not. Canada is curious too.
"You told us that the Russian and both Germanies are here, but why this guy? Isn't that Amsterdam?"

"I do not know either, I suppose we shall find out." I hum. Kiwi only tilts his head and America got an unreadable expression on his face, yet he is rather composed and much more of an adult today. Getting closer, I supress a slight grin seeing how done Soviet is as the Dutch man talks to him, it doesn't talk long for him to spot us. He then stops Amster with a gesture, and the other man turns his head too. His eyes lighten up seeing us beneath the thick glasses.
"Ah! Groot-Brittannië! Welcome back to my city." he greets politely.
"I see you've brought your sons, no? It's a pleasure!"
"Since when does he behave this much like Switzerland? Should we put him behind bars too?" Ame murmus quiet enough for only us to hear and I shrug it off.
"Nahhhhh." Aussie evalues.
"I really hope we don't have to." Nada comments.
"I guess it is the context of the situation... I hope." Kiwi whistles in the same low tone, observing everything carefully.

I make my move and step closer, my children following behind.
"Greetings. The joy is on our part."
"гало, Brit."
"Hey Soviet." I say, maybe a little flustered at our casualness, but I catch myself right on time. The Russian shoos the Dutch down the stairs and heads back inside without another words. Amsterdam sighs.
"Gott, he is so hard to talk to." the man shakes his head.
"Really? I don't think so." Ame says suddenly, way to nonchalantly, putting everyone off guard. Nada laughs nervously in response.
"He has many different ways of expressing himself, actually. Words are not his strong suit." he says and Kiwi burries his head in one hand, thinking back to Bern, where Soviet had forcefully grabbed him, just because he was concernd. Still, not his smartest move. Amsterdam raises an eyebrow at us.
"You do have experience?"
"Yes." Ame, Nada and Kiwi collectively agree before I even get the chance to open my mouth. By the heavens, boys! I clear my throat and fold my hands.
"Is there anything that you wanted, Amsterdam?"
"I was just... a bit concerned about him, so I went to check."
"Concerned?"
"It's not that I like him or anything. It's just that he has many enemies, and this place is really not the most secure to not be broken into."
"Ah..."
"He seems to be doing just FINE though." the tall man sighs and shakes his head, wishes us a good day, greets us from his boss and goes on his merry way. What an arrival. Australia is the first one to set himself into action.
"Oh well! This isn't the weirdest thing I have experienced! Let's go inside!"
"Aussie wait--"

I am the second on to step inside, and West German walks past Aussie to give me a welcome hug, which is gladly accept and appreciated. I missed the small fella. We share some laughs and a smile, and I watch the boy going to the other boys to welcome them. Australia though huffs, probably jealous to not be welcomed the same way, but he and Germany haven't had contact before- if I'm alright, yet I believe it will be okay. I make some space and move inside the living room, as very suddenly Soviet towers in front of me, scaring me.
"Bloody hell!"
"Hey."
"Soviet, don't appear out of thin air like that, you muppet!" I huff.
"My apologies." the USSR replies, amusement radiating under the neutral expression that he is wearing. I scoff again and compose myself. America walks into the room and I see East Germany at his side.