Gone Rouge

Peter's eyes followed Hoffman as he walked over to your bedside, you had a smile that Peter hasn't noticed yet. Peter looked as if he was getting ready to say something but you spoke up first.

"Detective, I don't know how to thank you." You sat up, "I thought I was done for; If you hadn't broken down the door I was a goner" you smiled and Peter's confused yet prominent glare turned over towards you before directing back towards Hoffman.

"No need to thank me, I did want to extend my condolences about Agent Perez. I'm sorry for your loss" he crossed his hands at the waist.

"She said your name you know" Peter interrupted "any idea why she said your name?"

"I don't know" Hoffman said sternly

The two of them went back and forth for a moment before Hoffman shut Peter down.

"I got him, so unless you have something to say back the fuck off." He snickered then looked over at you "I hope you heal up soon Y/N, I'll be in touch" he walked out. Peter was seeing red; and if he were a dog he would be foaming out the mouth.

"You can't possibly believe that facade can you? He's what we've been looking for, I just need a way to prove it." He stood up

"Peter, just go." You didn't entertain his theories "I'm not going to discuss this further, take Ericksons advice and take a break." You stood up and walked over to the door, opening it to let him out.

"Y/N, please." He pleaded "you said it yourself, there's something off about him."

"Peter I don't want to hear it, he saved my life and he was able to get out of his trap. Now go." He scoffs and runs out. You sigh and start to gather your things to rest up at home.

~~~~~~~~~

You were changing your bandages at home when your phone suddenly started ringing; it was an unknown number. You hesitantly picked up, it was detective Hoffman.

"Y/N, I got clearance from Erickson to question you about the case while you're on your medical leave, would you mind meeting me? I can't seem to get in touch with Agent Strahm."

"Sure detective, I'll meet you in about a half hour"

He confirms then hangs up, you go over to your room to get dressed. You haven't heard from Peter since you left the hospital this morning; yet he's all you could think about, you trembled at the thought of an angry Peter, you think about calling him when you're home from your meeting with Hoffman. You hop in the car and drive over to the metro police station, not sure what you'll be walking into. You hesitantly knock on his door and he calls you in.

"Detective?" You question as you walk in; he motions you to sit, he sits beside you on the couch in his office.

"I know you're healing so I'll make this quick, it's about Agent Strahm."

"I'm so sorry for his behavior earlier I-" he cut you off

"Nothing about that, but as you know he's been theorizing someone on the inside helping, I have reason to believe it's him." He says with sympathy "I know this may be hard to hear considering your relationship with Strahm."

"Peter has a hot head but he would never work with someone like John Kramer, I assume you have proof for this accusation?" You started to get annoyed but kept the floor for Hoffman open.

"I spoke to agent Erickson, Peter's erratic behavior has been going on for quite a while, jigsaw files had gone missing from the office, can't quite keep track of him. He's been missing since this morning." He sighs

"I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for that." You grew worried he was correct "let me track down Peter we can clear this all up." You said nervously.

"Once you get his location I would let Agent Erickson know, he's put out a tracker for him. He's also quite suspicious." Hoffman stood up and walked you out.

You were now in full panic mode, you began to doubt yourself and your relationship with Peter, but it didn't make much sense he was with you a lot. You needed to get to Peter and fast, but knowing him he's pursuing something, and that something was Hoffman. You decided you were going to follow him and maybe you'd find Peter along the way. You raced out to your car to see Peter waiting in his with the lights off, your eyes widened as you ran over and hopped in gasping for breath.

"Y/N?" What are you doing here you have to go!" He shouted

"Peter, Hoffman and Erickson think you're the accomplice, Erickson has a ping on your phone looking for you" you gasped "is it true?" You started to calm down.

"He's gonna set me up, here look through these" he handed you a bunch of files.

He briefly explained the files and how the murders can be tied back to Hoffman. Your eyes widened at the blatant evidence, your emotions dropped.

"Peter in so sorry I doubted you; but here he comes we have to follow him!" He nodded and followed from a distance.

Your anxiety was on high as you approached a house, Peter Parked quite ways away, before you got out he pulled you into a kiss.

"Whatever happens in there, you get out and you take him down." He held your hand tight

"We both will." You squeezed his hand and pulled him into another kiss. You both nodded at each other and headed out; guns drawn walking closely together.

The house looked normal, but what was the catch. You were both treaded carefully throughout the house until you found a trapdoor, Peter hesitantly opens it and you proceeded down behind him; it was a large tunnel that easily could have spanned across several houses underground. Time passed slowly here as you explored the tunnels looking for Hoffman but you lost him, time stood still as you reached an open door, you both stood in the doorway looking at a coffin filled with glass in the middle of the room. You walked in behind Peter and gulped as he picked up the tape recorder in the coffin.