A War

after successfully escaping from the execution site, aether and the others proceeded to hide thoma in the komore teahouse as it was the safest place and also private property.

while they managed to escape the shogun, and a devastating lost for a brief moment. thoma and aether agreed not to tell what happened at the vision hunt ceremony to ayaka.

telling her would only cause another spark to ignite within ayaka, maybe. so they played it the safest way possible.

after some talks with thoma, they decided to go to tatarasuna and find the resistance.

Aether: are you coming with us, dino?

asked the blond-haired traveler to the fallen angel. for a moment, aether seem to frowned at dino.

Dino: you're still mad about that?

Aether: no... it's just that it still hurts *frown*

Dino: haha, slamming you down was the right thing to do. you should be thankful i didn't use one of my skills...

Paimon: hm? why is it?

Dino: you don't want to know...

they slipped past guard after guard and managed to leave narukami island.

on the way to tatarasuna, paimon asked dino something about what he did to thoma.

Dino: e-ehh... well, it's complicated...

Paimon: hm! paimon never thought you could bring dead people back to life! are you some kind of god in disguise? *narrowing her eyes*

Dino: hahaha... w-what are you talking about... *looks away*

Aether: stop paimon. if he doesn't want to, then don't force him.

Paimon: mehh! fine, paimon will let you a slide this time!

Dino: haha... sorry and thank you *sighs*

----

leaving the main story for a moment, we're now back to the liyue, the jade chamber.

Velgrynd: you did what!?

she slammed the table so hard that there were cracks.

Ningguang: i told you, i deserve his love.

the qixing puts on a smug face, looking at velgrynd with the most confident expression ever.

the reason velgrynd cried out in surprise was because ningguang told her about what happened between rimuru and her.

Velgrynd: you can't be serious! no, no, no! you're telling me that my little brother, that precious little dragon... you guys already d-do that! of all races, a human!?

inexplicably, her voice turned angry and worried.

Ningguang: you worried about little things...

seeing ningguang's carefree behavior, velgrynd finally reached her limit. she stood up from her seat, walking towards ningguang as her aura leaked from her body.

feeling the pressure within the room, ningguang's legs suddenly lost balance as she knelt on the ground.

Ningguang: w-what...

Velgrynd: do you know what will happen to him!

she stared at the white-haired woman, her eyes blazing with anger.

Velgrynd: you foolish mor-

Rimuru: stop it!

before velgrynd lay her hand on ningguang, the blue-haired man suddenly appeared. he slowly walked towards ningguang, extending his hand at the woman while helping her up.