Ch 2: Can demons really acclimate?

Marinette ended up finishing her lunch in the bathroom, too afraid she would make a scene if she saw Chloe's face again so soon. She was not very subtle, though, when she spent most of their next class period burning a hole in the back of Chloe's head. When Marinette started to fantasize about using the black cat miraculous to destroy the mayor's hotel, she decided she either needed to hit something or distract herself. It was for this reason that when an alarm notified her of the latest akuma victim's rampage, Marinette-rather selfishly-rejoiced. Chasing after an akuma victim happened to be perfect for letting off steam, and if Marinette had anything, it was years of pent-up aggression.

She landed noiselessly behind Chat Noir and scoffed when his ears still angled towards her. Lazily, he leaned on his baton and half swiveled toward her in greeting.

"Ah, and how are we feline today, My Lady?"

She dragged out a groan. "Your puns are terrible."

"Hey," he cried, his back straightening with mock offense. "They are not!"

"Yes, they are, Kitty Cat."

"They are meowvelous." His teasing grin was entirely too swoon-worthy, but Ladybug made a show of cringing.

"They're adding to my headache."

"Rude." His cheeks puffed out. "How could you pawssibly say that?"

She threw up her yo-yo and bopped him on the head. "You know, I wouldn't if you didn't make terrible puns."

He chuckled, massaging the part she had love-tapped.

"I don't know what to say, Bug. I just can't help myself around you." She had to physically steady herself when he looked her up and down. A beat passed, and Ladybug shook her head in admonishment, grateful for her mask. He just had to flirt with every girl he saw, didn't he?

"Chat, we've talked about this." She surveyed their surroundings again, and upon spotting a victim that was twice her size, she swung back her yo-yo and tied him to a streetlamp.

"Right." Chat cleared his throat with a laugh and scratched his head. "Sorry."

She sighed and gestured to the single tooth hanging around the victim's neck. "I'm pretty sure the akuma's in his necklace."

Chat hummed noncommittally. "Are they really that bad?"

She hesitated when his large green eyes landed on hers with a pout.

"Fine," she assented with a soft sigh. "Not all your puns are that bad. Now let's go, Kitty." She flicked the bell under his chin, ignoring his victory smile.

...

Marinette and Tikki wanted to celebrate their easy win. So, immediately upon arriving home, they raided the downstairs kitchen for leftovers, the very idea of pastries making them both salivate.

"Princess!"

Marinette turned towards the voice, surprised to find Chat Noir in her parent's bakery. A pink blur and a box of chocolate chip cookies disappeared.

"It's you," he said, and it was brief, but for a moment she thought he looked at her like he looked at Ladybug.

Not again.

Motherfucker.

Her identity discovered twice? In one day? When the fuck did she get so sloppy?!

"Hah, not every day you see a superhero, huh?" he asked when she stood frozen at the counter. She tittered and cleared her throat, unable to tell if he meant It's you like Oh, you're here, or if he meant it like Oh my God, you're Ladybug, and I've been dreaming of this moment every day for the last three years.