𝙞 • 𝙈𝘼𝘿𝙈𝘼𝙓

"Lily, how much do you have?" Dustin, my neighbor, asked as we both frantically searched his house for extra change so we and the rest of the party could go to the Palace Arcade

"Two bucks, how about you?" I asked, as he begged his mother, if he could search under her seat to find more loose change beneath the chair's cushion.

Dustin sprung to his feet, running toward me and grabbing my arm, leading me to his room. He radioed Lucas from his walkie-talkie.

"Lucas, do you copy? I've got four quarters. Lily got two bucks. What's your haul?" Dustin asked quickly into the walkie-talkie.

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five." Lucas replied smugly, and I could practically see the boy's proud expression through the walkie.

"How?" Dustin and I both exclaimed in disbelief.

"While you guys were scrounging around like homeless bums, I mowed Old Man Humphrev's lawn." Lucas had explained, causing me to laugh.

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin asked.

"All old people secretly have loads of cash," I replied, looking up at Dustin, who gave me a look I couldn't read and shook his head at me.

"Just call Mike already." Lucas said, ignoring my comment.

"You call Mike." Dustin said I would have agreed to do it, but Mike didn't really like me, though I've been part of the party for about four years. I was only a member because it followed the majority rules.

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man." I grinned wryly. Sometimes I wondered why I was friends with these morons, but then I'd remember that it was primarily due to Dustin.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

We were currently at the arcade. Dustin claimed to still have the highest score on Dig Dug after Lucas won his "claim" on Princess Daphne, but Keith, an arcade worker, corrected him, causing Dustin to panic.

We all scrambled over to "Dig Dug." and crowded the machine. All our faces dropped with shock. Someone with the username MADMAX topped Dustin's highest score.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Dustin shouted when he saw the scoreboard, "750,000 points?" Will said, reading MADMAX's score out loud.

"That's impossible."

"That's impressive," I said, earning a glare from Dustin as he turned to Keith, asking who this seemingly badass player was.