𝙞𝙞 • 𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩, 𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠

My mother had been helping me put on a short blonde wig

My mother had been helping me put on a short blonde wig. Once she had finished, I ran upstairs and started to change into my costume, which consisted of a white knit sweater and a pair of light-washed jeans. After slipping on a pair of white Converse I went back down the stairs and saw my mother grabbing her keys. She turned, ready to yell for me, but stopped once she saw me.

When we arrived at the school, she honked the horn at the boys who stood in front of the school by the bike racks wearing their ghostbuster costumes. Mike and Lucas seemed to be arguing about something. I quickly told my mother bye, got out of the car, and ran to them.

"What's wrong, my nerds?"

"Lucas dressed as Venkman; when he knew we agreed, I'm Venkman Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston." Mike explained, pointing to Dustin, Will, and Lucas.

"So what's the difference? They both do the same thing." I asked the boys, oblivious to the long explanation that was going to come.

"What's the difference, What's the difference" Mike fully turned to me and asked, repeating it loudly for the second time. He and Lucas then went on a whole rant about how Winston wasn't cool because he wasn't a scientist and other things I really didn't care about.

"Guys... Guys! Guys!" Dustin shouted, getting our attention. Turning, I saw kids getting off the bus, and no one was wearing a costume. There was not one single person that we saw. "Why is no one else wearing costumes?" Dustin asks.

"Sucks for you guys."

Lucas gave me a stern look and stated, "You're wearing a costume too." "All I gotta do is take the wig off," I teased, grinning at him as I took the wig off my head and patted down my naturally brown hair.

"You looked nice as a blonde," I heard from beside me, turning my head. I saw Nick smiling at me. I shook my head and looked at Lucas.

"How are you related again?" With that said, and a couple deep breaths from the boys, we walked through the doors, ready to be mocked.

"When do people make these decisions?" Dustin asks as the six of us walk through the crowd halls full of kids who are now turning their attention to us, or more so the boys.

"Everyone dressed up last year."

"It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you." Dustin tells us as the other kids continue to stare at them. "Just be cool." Mike added, but you could see the unwanted attention was getting to him.

"Who you gonna call? The nerds!" Someone sings out, making me and Nick laugh hysterically as the boys just stare blankly at us. Nick shrugged at the boys and said, "It was funny."

"Well, I gotta get to English, so bye dusty buns and the rest of you ghost hunters." I waved, walking away, only to hear the boys shouting.

"Ghostbusters."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I had finally made it to Mike's house, slightly out of breath since I had walked all the way here. Mike was outside with the rest of the party, including Nick. Mike was tapping his foot and looking at his watch. When he looked up and saw me, he tilted his head, putting his hands on his hips.

"You're late"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, I'm sorry. Where are you gonna pick me up?" I was already annoyed, and his voice made it ten times worse for me.

"So now that Casey Baker's here, can we go?" Nick said, which made me thank God because I was not trying to have a full argument with Mike. This past year, he's been a dick. The boys and I understand that he misses El, but he only knew her for less than a month.

I know I shouldn't be judging since Nick and I've known each other for about a day or two, but at least we made our own decisions to hang out, unlike El, who didn't have any other options.

"You good?" Nick asked, walking beside me and taking off the white part of his skeleton costume that covered his hair, his face painted all white with black around his eyes, nose, and mouth.

"Yeah you?" I mumbled as we all lined up in front of someone's door.

"Yep"

Dustin had rung the doorbell, and we all yelled, "Trick or treat!" as the woman opened the door.

"Oh! Well, aren't you cute? little exterminators, a skeleton boy, and a blonde girl!" The woman said excitedly as we looked at each other. We all smiled at her and grabbed a handful of candy, shoving it into our bags.

We were now walking down the driveway and back onto the road, where other kids in costumes crowded the streets.

"If I get another 3 musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself." Lucas complained, which I knew Dustin was going to argue with since nougat was one of his favorite things they put in candy.

"What's wrong with 3 musketeers?" Dustin asked in disbelief.

"What's wrong with 3 musketeers?" Lucas repeated this as he scrunched up his face and shook his head. Lucas, Will, Mike, and Nick went back and forth with Dustin and me on why 3 musketeers and Nougat in general were the worst.

"Seriously. I could eat like a whole bowl of nougat straight up." Dustin was stating his case before he was cut off by someone dressed as Michael Myers waving a knife at all of us, making us scream and jump back. Nick had gripped my hand tightly.

The person in the mask took it off, revealing the face of the red head. The boys had been practically obsessed with Max Mayfield.

"Holy shit, you should've seen the look on your faces and you," Max said, turning to Lucas. "Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl." She laughed at all of them, making me shake my head, my heart beating fast as I looked down at Nick and I's still intertwined hands.

"Sorry," he quickly let go, and we caught up to the boys and Max, who we hadn't noticed were so far ahead of us.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(/ɴ) ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ɪᴛ.