17- Torture

You attacked one of us, and you attacked all of us

You attacked one of us, and you attacked all of us. That was what the three Salvatore siblings lived by. Even when they were in their darkest of moments in life and they didn't want to fight for themselves anymore. They still fought for each other.

Even when they argued and sometimes fought each other, the three of them would fight together standing side by side until their last breath.

Nathan stood leaning against the wall, watching as his older boy cleaned up the broken glass and borded up the broken window.

He looked down at his hand, seeing the skin turn a certain grey around his finger. Truth be told, he couldn't remember the last time he fed. He stopped drinking the blood bags a week ago, fearing the loss of control.

So he didn't know what to do, he didn't tell Stefan and Damon not to want them to worry about his problem.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon muttered as he got down from the small lader.

It was obvious that the eldest Salvatore was furious, and he wasn't afraid of showing it even with the human in his house.

Stefen raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?" Nathan tilted his head to this side.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena spoke, staring at the back of Damon's head she rolled her eyes when he shot her a glare.

Nathan looked towards Elena. "Damon doesn't think when he's angry." Elena held in a laugh at his words.

Damon turned to look at Nathan with a raised eyebrow. If anyone did the most stupid things when angry, it was Nathan. The boy was like a loose cannon.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back." Damon told them as he stared at his brothers. He wished they could understand.

He knew they knew why he wanted her back. But he wished they could understand the desperation of why, why he wanted to understand why it was never him. Even after all these years, when at the start, he thought maybe she really did love him.

But now, he knew it could never be him.

Elena rolled her eyes. "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

Nathan glanced at his older brother when Elena spoke those words, seeing him tense at them. "Elena." Nathan warned in a lay voice. "He didn't want any of this." He told the girl who turned to him.

Elena would never understand why, even when things like this happened and when he knew Damon messed up. Nathan still took Damon's side.

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon's face gave his pure dislike for the girl, his anger never once fading as he stared at her.