bitch, don't kill my vibe.

[y/n first person pov]

So, unfortunately I had just agreed to going to a party in an hour. I don't really even have to go and I could just cancel, but this negrito thinks that I have no life and I want to wipe that stupid smirk off of his face. 

Right now, I'm staring at my reflection in the mirror, trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I could just leave it down, but I'm not a basic bitch. It is almost wash day, so maybe I should do a slick back high pony? No, that's gonna look dumb for a party. Half up half down slick back? Nah.

I sigh while burying my face into my hands. I'm still in my pajamas, I didn't take a shower yet, and Aaliyah is picking me up less than an hour now, probably. Damn, I need to start getting ready, like now.

"Fuck this." I say as I step into the shower, feeling the warmness of the water drip down my skin. Taking the loofah, I exfoliate my skin with regular soap, and then my body wash.

When I finish applying lotion, I pick out a short, sparkly dress that highlights my curves. I match it with black platform pump heels that are about four inches. I'll probably be uncomfortable after a while, but a bitch gotta look cute.

 For my makeup, I put on foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, highlighter, lipliner, lipstick, and lip gloss. Then, I finish off my look with setting spray.

I put the straightening iron on my silk press and curl the ends. Then, I take a few minutes just to admire myself and my beauty. "Damn, I look so fine." I mumble to myself.

As soon as i finish getting ready, a text pops up from Aaliyah telling me that she's here. I grab my mini purse and head out the door. 

"Hey bitch!" Aaliyah greets. "Hey. Ready to go to some wack-ass party?" I don't sound amused at all just because I really don't want go, but I'm too nice to say no. "Relax, its a frat party." 

I groan. "Even worse. Horny, fugly guys start grinding up on you uninvited at those." "Isn't that good for you? When was the last time you hooked up with a guy?" 

"4 months ago. And who wants to willingly fuck fugly guys?" I question her, with my eyebrows raising.

"Too long ago. And you would be surprised  to know the answer to that."  Aaliyah snorts. She takes a side glance at my unamused face. 

I shake my head at her answer. "Y'know, I've been saving myself for someone special. Ever since Devonté, I don't wanna fuck any guy who will definitely ghost me or want me to be their sneaky link. That shit's mad extra."  Aaliyah give me a 'that's bullshit and you know it' look.

"Girl, you need to stop with this 'relationship girl' bullshit. You can't expect to marry every guy you hook up with." I scoff, not in an angry way, but in an slightly agitated way. 

Everyone I know has some version of this conversation with me. If I visit my family, they all ask me if I met someone and that I need to 'get out there' or some shit. Then there's my friends. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my friends and family, but that shit can be exhausting. 

"Just cause I'm not a hoe, doesn't mean I want to marry every guy I fuck." I take a pause. "Plus, I should be chasing college and my education, not dick."

"The dick should come into play a little, though." Her finger close slightly, leaving a little gap between them. We both start laughing at that and start talking about random things from makeup to sports to drama.

----------------------

After a pretty long car ride, Aaliyah parks a car in front of the frat house. The music is so loud that you can here it from down the street, and as soon as we open the door, the smell of liquor engulfs the room.