The 1st Victory

Asha and her troops stared in Awe at the British Carrier which held St Gloriana and the British 4th tank division under General Falcon. 

Asha knew their chances were slim. The one reassurance she got was that St Gloriana's commander Darjeeling often preferred fair fights so she knew at least miho would not have much trouble with The British tanks. However that was only in the Sensha-do arena. St Gloriana had an air force contingent and support tanks that would aid the Infantry's advance the only thing they lacked was artillery which St Gloriana had very little of.

"Mam they are waiting for you." Captain Suzume says snapping Asha out of her thoughts.

"Thank you Captain I'll be right there." Asha says dawning on her officer's hat and coat. Their command area was mostly made up of tents which were organised into groups so her officers would be more organized with their men. 

The sight of 5 Artillery cannons would be impressive If They had more tanks to go with the guns and the troops to boot. They only had 2'000 men and while the British had the same number of troops they packed more fire power then them.

After walking for a few more minutes Asha eventually came up to where the tanks for Ooarai were. After taking a minute to find where Miho and momo were Asha jogged up to them.

"So the great Tigress of the west shows her face finally." The British general Says mockingly.

"Very funny Falcon don't you have some tea and crumpets to prepare elsewhere. Cause last time I checked a battle field was for warriors not tea servers." Asha replies sass dripping into her words.

"Why you little." Falcon says reaching for his pistol but was Cut off by his Commander

"General compose yourself." Darjeeling orders a small smile on her face 

"Yes mam." Falcon growls.

After exchanging a few more pleasantries both teams went to their starting positions. Lieutenant Shuichi immediately took his men and an artillery cannon up ahead to prepare the ambush. Meanwhile Miho was moving her tank into position to act as bait While Koume and Suzume organized the defence of the ridge.

Asha was taking the remaining troops to the Carrier town itself so they could turn it into a formidable defensive position.

"Mam we only have 4 artillery Cannons and 12 machine guns to man a defense of the town where should we put them."

Asha glanced around the town thinking about where she could put her men to do the most damage but then an idea hit her. 

"Order 2 companies to head to the plain about 2 miles north of the carrier they are to dig in and camouflage themselves and the cannons. With any luck they can drain St Gloriana's manpower a little bit before they get here."

"How can you be certain that they will come this way mam."

Asha smiled at the young officer. "Simple yesterday I talked to miho about a backup plan in case the main one fails. She told me that when their current position is overwhelmed they will retreat here and our cannons are being placed right where the British will come marching through."

The officer smile das well seeing the plan in his head." I see and the camouflage is so that British aerial reconnaissance can't report the troops waiting for them."

"exactly now get into position Sargent."

(POV Miho).

Our tank advanced a good 6 miles before we came to a stop. I jumped out of the tank along with yukari binoculars in hand.

"I can see 14 Matilda 2s and a single Churchill all advancing."

"It looks like most of the Matildas are covering the infantry who seems to be spread out in regiment formation." Yukari says pointing to the small groups of marching troops.