Chapter 4

I sat there in my chair with my mouth hanging open, trying to make sense of what Natalie had just said. Did she really think I was the one to blame for us not being friends anymore??

I quickly snapped out of it and grabbed my bag as I stood up from my chair. I made my way down to the parking lot and rushed out to see if I could catch her.

By the time I got there, I saw her getting into a car with a guy, most likely her boyfriend. Damn it.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders as I watched them drive away.

"How was the first day?" I almost jumped when I heard Ella behind me.

"Hey Ella, it was alright, little overwhelming," I said.

"I hear you there," she responded, "was Natalie okay?"

"Um," I hesitated, "yeah she was fine I guess."

"That's good...I think? You don't sound very convincing," Ella said.

"Sorry, I'm just a little distracted, I have to get going. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I waved to her as I walked off.

"See you tomorrow!" She yelled after me.

I walked back home and was so consumed in my thoughts that I almost went right past my apartment building. I got inside and pushed the button for the elevator and stood there and waited.

Natalie really threw me off with her comments, and I knew that I was going to need to have a conversation with her about it at some point.

The elevator dinged as the doors open and I stepped inside. Just before the doors closed, a hand quickly stopped them.

I looked up and saw Trevor step inside.

"Perfect timing," he said as he smiled that adorable grin at me, "how was it?"

"Uhh, it was okay," I said hesitantly.

I didn't really want to tell him the whole story, but I kind of wanted to get some of it off my chest.

"I feel like there's more to that statement," he said as he gave me a side eyed glance.

"Yeah, it's just the person that I have to train with, she's not the friendliest," I said.

That definitely wasn't far off from the truth.

"Damn, hopefully you're not stuck with her too long," Trevor said, "or hopefully she gets nicer."

He looked over and grinned at me as the elevator came to a stop and we stepped out.

"Yeah somehow I doubt that's going to happen," I responded.

"You never know," he shrugged, "hey by the way, did you stop and get coffee this morning?"

"Oh yeah, it was really good," I said, "I talked to the owner a little bit..."

I trailed off, not wanting to be too obvious that I was curious to know more about Theo.

"Oh did you now?" Trevor said as he wiggled his eyebrows at me, "he's quite nice looking, isn't he?

"Wait, he's not - " I started.

"Gay? No, don't worry, he's all yours," Trevor said as he winked at me.

"I didn't - that's not why I was asking!" I said quickly.

"Sure, sure," Trevor said as we reached our doors.

I shook my head at him and smiled, "he does seem nice though."

"Oh yeah he is, I've talked to him quite a bit since I started going there," Trevor said, "although I have heard he can be a little bit of a fuck boy."