Chapter 9

Miyafuji POV

We had all packed up and left base by now. But then I realized something. Where's Alpha-San?

I looked around to see no one with silver hair, wolf ears, or a tail.

"Is something wrong, Miyafuji? Did you forget something?" Sakamoto-San asked.

"Ah, I was just wondering where Alpha-San is." I was a bit startled by her question.

We all looked at the base. "Who knows..."

After I saw the pure fear in her eyes when she talked to General Maloney something felt wrong, very wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~With Alpha/Hotaru~

*bang

*bang

"Stupid dog! Why don't you follow orders!!!" Maloney spat at Alpha as he shot at her.

Alpha was currently locked up in a cell still in the 501st base. Left arm, right leg, both of them were shot. Something weird happened. Alpha couldn't feel the pain? No, it was like she was used to it.

'Hotaru! Let me at him!' Altair growled in her mind. Hotaru was currently controlling her magic to suppress Altair.

'No! Don't we can't let you get found out! Nor can we cause anymore problems. Just let it be.' Alpha yelled at Altair as she spat blood after getting shot in the stomach. Altair whimpered.

All of a sudden Maloney's gun jammed. "Shit. Your in luck today dog. Clean yourself up. You better not run away, after all where would you even go." Maloney smirked, tossing a first aid kit at her and a pair of tweezers. He then walked away like he did nothing.

Hatred filled Alpha's eyes as she slowly crawled towards the first aid kit. Her blood smeared the floor.

After taking out the bullets she patched it up. Even if she had regeneration she can't let her blood flow out. She rested herself against the cell wall.

She laughed dryly. 'He's an amazing 'father'.'

'Hotaru....' Altair's voice sounded concerned.

'I'm not Hotaru, I'm Alpha. I'm nothing, I'm no one....' Alpha clenched her head laughing. 'I can't even remember who I am!!!'

At this point Altair couldn't do anything, but sit in the back of Alpha's head and watch.

One thing Altair knew was that Alpha was not sane. Her mind was in chaos.

Many things were happening outside of the cell. First the warlock was going berserk after killing the Neuroi. Now the base was on fire and the Warlock was attacking the Akagi.

'Come to you senses, Al-no Hotaru!!!' Altair yelled.

***

Alpha had broken out of the cell easily. She was at least a little bit sane after Altair brought her back.

Her wounds weren't completely healed yet, so she still limped when walking. She was running/limping towards the hangers when she ran into Minna, Barkhorn, and Hartmann.

"2nd Lieutenant Alpha-San!?" Minna exclaimed in surprise. The both of them went by her side to help her.

"Don't. Leave me. Help Miyafuji-San." Alpha could feel her wounds start to close up. They looked at each other. "I'll be fine on my own."

They set her down on the side before running towards the hangers.

"I'll see you up there soon." Alpha mumbled as she let her wounds slowly close up.

By the time Alpha's wounds closed the others had taken down the warlock...or so they thought.

The Akagi rose up from the ocean Neuroi mutated.

"Would you look at that it's kind of like what happened between you and me Altair." Alpha laughed.

'Now is not the time for jokes Hotaru .' Altair sighed. 'Hurry to the hangers!'

"Hai hai." Alpha took of at the speed of light toward the hangers. It was already open since the others had taken off.

"2nd Lieutenant Alp- no Hotaru Kiyoshi taking off!" Alpha or Hotaru yelled.

A drop of Alpha's magic made a big circle and she took off.

"Burst." Alpha mumbled and her magic rose. Her striker unit burst forward with magic. It was a surprise that it could handle the amount of magic running through it.

In a matter of seconds she was next to the others.

"2nd Lieutenant Alpha-San!?" Minna exclaimed when she saw Alpha next to her. Alpha grunted in response. She looked at the bloody bandages on Alpha's limbs. "Are you even a condition to fly?"

"Oh I forgot to take these off." Alpha ripped of the bandages. She then stretched a bit. 'Stiff.'

Minna gapped at Alpha. Her wounds weren't there at all.

"I'm great."