The Parade

"WHY WOULD YOU DO IT, CATO?!?"I scream at him as our stylists put the finishing touches on our gladiator costume. "Why did you volunteer?" "I couldn't bear to lose you. It's madness out there in the arena. I've always felt like I needed to protect you, since when we first met." It was your first day at training. Cato's friend was picking on me. I didn't do ANYTHING. I just stood there. I shrugged. "Then you beat him up for me." I say. He smiles and nods. "Clove". He says once the stylists leave us to the chariot. I look at him. "I've been meaning to tell you something." I raise my eyebrows. "I..... Volunteered not to win fame and fortune. I volunteered to win your heart," he says wincing as he waits for my response. I fling my arms around him. "Oh Cato," I say. "I love you too. So much." He wraps his arms around my waist. We stand there until Enobaria leads us to the chariot.

We hop into our chariot and the parade starts. We wave at the cheering people. But we immediately heard screams, gasps, people swooning! It was district 12! The girl and boy were on fire. FIRE! Cato's eyes were as big as saucers. Mine probably were too. I stare at the girl. She glances at me. I hide my head. She waves again.

When the parade was over, Cato and I go to our rooms. "Who we're those people in fire?" Cato asks furiously. I shrug. Natalia Tootsie comes in. "Here is the DVD of all the reapings," she tells us, and hands us a small case. "Thanks," I say. "Brutus and Enobaria aleready hit the sack," she told us. "I'm going to as well. You two have fun with your CD!" We wave and sit on the couch to watch it. District 1, a beautiful girl. Glimmer Diamond. And a boy named Marvel Macho. Cato and I nod at one another in approval. Then shows us. Then all the other districts. The only other ones that caught my eye were District 5 had a red haired girl who looked quick and agile. District 11 had a little 12 year old named Rue. I felt for the poor girl as I watched her distangle herself from her screaming siblings. And a tall buff boy, Thresh. And finally, District 12. Poor Katniss. Her poor sister, Primrose. I watch their terrible reaping as a handsome boy carries Primrose away. I tear up, and eventually burst into tears. "Clove?" Cato says. I cry, "It reminds me of Elenor."

Cato and I fall asleep on the couch. Tomorrow would be training.