𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗬𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗟𝗘, figures such as Queen Catherine, King Henry, Kamaria, and along with her Ladies in Waiting, are assembled to watch Francis and Tomás compete in an archery match

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗬𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗟𝗘, figures such as Queen Catherine, King Henry, Kamaria, and along with her Ladies in Waiting, are assembled to watch Francis and Tomás compete in an archery match. Tomás shifts his focus to his prospective fiancée, observing her intently as she claps for Francis. His jaw tightens with a hint of anger upon seeing the exchanged glances between them, making it clear to any observer that the future King of France is the reason for Kamaria's reluctance to marry him.

"Nice shot, Tomás,' Francis says, offering a compliment with a smile that belies his true feelings. He struggles to conceal his aversion to the man destined to be betrothed to the woman for whom he has developed feelings. "However, the goal is to strike the heart." Tomás's frown deepened as he cocked his head and inquired, "Is it?" Francis affirmed with a nod, prompting Tomás to exhale softly while he selected another arrow and aligned it with his bow.

"Is he allowed to attempt another shot?" Ananya asked her companions, her face etched with confusion. Kamaria's expression was one of indifference as she shrugged nonchalantly, uncertain, while the Scottish girls watched Tomás intently as he aimed his bow and arrow at the target.

His shot struck precisely the right spot this time. Basking in his success, he scanned the crowd, sensing the tension.

Whirling to face Francis, Tomás queried with curiosity, "Have I taken too many shots?" Francis gave a slight nod and responded, "Technically, yes. Shall I try another as well?"

"Take as many shots as you'd like," said Tomás, glancing first at Kamria and then at Francis. "You'll still lose." Francis pulled out an arrow, nocked it to his bow, and released it—striking the target mere inches from Tomás' last shot. The crowd erupted in applause. Tomás offered a slight smile and gestured with his hand.

"Has Tomás seemed different in the last few days? A bit bolder?" Ananya asked, her gaze shifting suspiciously among her friends, which prompted an amused expression from Adara as she chimed in, "More intense?"

Zahria gave them all a look and commented, "More mercurial, anyway."

Ananya scoffed, nudging her friend, and exclaimed, "Certainly more engaged to Maria."

"But not fully engaged... not yet," Kamaria informed, letting out a sigh of disbelief. Zahria glanced at the Queen of Scots and curiously asked, "And how do you feel about that? I sense reservations."

"It doesn't matter how I feel," Kamaria stated, while Yelena looked at her friend sympathetically, understanding that she did not wish to marry Tomás due to her burgeoning feelings for Francis. "I must marry whoever is right for Scotland."

"What would you feel if Tomás were that man?" Ananya inquired, teasing her friend with a smirk.

"I feel that we must keep it a secret for now, at least until King Henry releases me from my engagement to Francis," Kamaria replied in a monotone voice.