𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 and Kamaria was having breakfast with her ladies-in-waiting when Francis requested a private audience with her

This is why she found herself walking down an empty corridor alongside Francis. 'I'm glad you came to see me,' she said with a smile, glancing at Francis who wore a beaming expression, his gaze fixed on the brown-skinned royalty."

"Yes, well, I thought it was time we evaluated our relationship," Francis replied, a grin playing on his lips.

This prompted Kamaria to release an amused chuckle, nod her head in agreement, and murmur, "Alright." With a heavy sigh, Francis continued, "The tranquility along the Scottish borders has pleased my father and his advisors, ensuring that our alliance—and our engagement—remains unbroken. And since there are no political decisions pending..."

Kamaria rolled her eyes and spun around to face Francis, placing her hands on his chest.

She cut him off mid-sentence, gazing into his blue eyes as she implored, "Please just stop. I hoped today would be free from political talk. With the borders secure, as you've mentioned, I wished for us to be simply..."

"Just you just a girl, as you once claimed?" Francis concluded for Kamaria with a teasing smile, prompting the brunette to scoff and playfully hit his chest, retorting, "Well, nearly a man."

Francis's eyebrows lifted in genuine interest at Kamaria's words and he mockingly urged, "Continue... woman."'

Kamaria remained silent for several moments, her gaze locked with his. However, before she could speak.

Francis interrupted, "Alright then, I will. If I were simply Francis, not destined to be the future king, and you were just Kamaria...Maria. Well...this would be the moment I'd declare myself entirely yours."

"And I am yours. Truly," Kamaria replied, her smile dazed as she took his hand.

Francis looked down at Kamaria with a grin and concluded, "And having done that, I'd likely invite you to the Harvest Festival."

Kamaria turned, pulling Francis with her towards a window, "And I would probably say yes."

Francis pinned Maria against the wall, his hands framing her face as he leaned in and whispered, "I would probably try to kiss you."

Maria chuckled and shook her head, playfully retorting, "And I probably wouldn't let you... at first."

Francis closed the distance, their lips meeting as he cradled her face in his hands. Kamaria's smile melted into the kiss, her hands drawing him nearer, pressing against his cheeks. The kiss deepened, passion flaring between them, leaving Kamaria breathless.

After spending some time with Francis, Kamaria proceeded to join her friends at the harvest festival.

There, one of the nobles was elucidating an ancient tradition, "You inscribe your regrets on this ribbon, affix it to the stern, and watch as they drift away."