Forced Together

I reclined in the dark marble bathroom, connected to my chambers. The warm ambient glow of the candlelight danced across the intricately carved walls as I waited for Lyra to finish preparing the bath. The air was heavy with the soothing fragrance of lavender and vanilla, creating a luxuriant atmosphere that enveloped me like a cocoon. I gazed out through the arched windows, marveling at the breathtaking view of the moonlit city below.

"All ready, my dear," Lyra said standing beside the large tub.

    I carefully stepped into the deep, steaming water, feeling its silky embrace enveloping my weary body, and I let out a contented sigh. The tension in my muscles melted away as I sank deeper into the fragrant bath.

"Elara, can you believe how handsome Denin is?" Lyra exclaimed, her voice filled with admiration.

I flashed a reluctant smile, trying to conceal my thoughts. "Yes, he certainly is quite handsome," I admitted quietly.

Lyra giggled mischievously, sensing my unspoken agreement. "I knew you'd agree!" she teased, pouring fragrant soap into the water and helping me wash.

    As Lyra tenderly attended to me, I couldn't help feeling a deep sense of gratitude for my friend's presence. The smooth, scented soap and gentle, skilled touch of Lyra's hands soothed my body and spirit, helping me to relax and let go of the weight of my responsibilities.

"He's also quite bossy," I remarked.

Lyra raised one eyebrow, "How so?"

     I dunked my head underneath the water letting the silence wrap me in a hug before resurfacing to answer her question.

"He tried to tell me to get to bed last night." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, Elara, give him a break. You had long travels, I'm sure he just knew you needed to rest." Lyra poured soap onto my head and began to massage it in.

"Yeah, or he was trying to boss me around." I know Lyra is probably right but I can't help but fight against anything good about him.

    Lyra helped me out of the comforting warmth of the bath, wrapping a soft towel around my body before gently guiding me to the waiting silk gown. The dress, a rich crimson hue, cascaded to the floor, its flowing fabric adorned with delicate gold embroidery that glinted like stars in the morning light. The neckline was modest, framing My collarbone, and the sleeves, billowing and elegant, added a touch of regal splendor to my appearance.

    As we finished dressing, Lyra focused on my hair, carefully weaving small blossoms of scarlet and gold through the vibrant locks, creating an ethereal crown that complemented my natural beauty.

    Once we finished, I looked at myself in the mirror, my blue eyes sparkling with a newfound brightness. My red dress seemed to set the room ablaze with its fiery elegance, and my hair added a touch of otherworldly allure.

    The halls of the Night Court's castle were a marvel to behold, the walls adorned with intricate murals depicting ancient stories and battles long fought. The air was filled with the faint scent of roses and flickering candlelight danced on the polished marble floors. As I made my way through the halls, the sound of my dress rustling echoed, a song of grace and confidence.

    Upon reaching the dining hall, My heart skipped a beat as I laid eyes on Denin. His presence was commanding yet I hated to look at him, his dark eyes alight with amusement as I entered. His attire, a fine mixture of rich navy and silver, seemed a lot more inviting than his yesterday's all-black attire. I felt a flutter in my chest of nerves as I finally approached, my cheeks tinged with a shy blush.