Chapter 9: Truth and lie

"I'm not kidding Ru!" Anntonia said through the phone while biting her nails and pacing back and forth, trying to stay calm. "I just woke up next to Michelle, naked no less. I had had sex with my best friend and now what the fuck am I supposed to do?" She was practically screaming now, her previous intent to stay calm all but gone.

But all she could hear from the other line was hysterical laughter and she rolled her eyes.

Why couldn't she have just one good girl friend other than Michelle anyway? People, especially guys like Ruru, were less than helpful in this kind of situation.

"I dunno, Ann. But I'd say, it was a long over due," the guy said, and she's sure he had a wide smile. She could hear it in his voice. "Besides, you love Michelle, you can't call it a sex. You made love with my cousin."

Anntonia groaned and shut her eyes a little harder.

"Ugh! Whatever, Ruru. You're not listening. It doesn't matter if I've been in love with Michelle for years, it just matters that she's not in love with me! And now I'm stuck in a two seater car with her for the next two weeks on the way to the woman she's calling the one? It's just doesn't make sense! Not after I was all naked and fuck— offered myself and is about to blame it to that fucking vodka and tequila! Oh my God! I'm so stupid! I can't do it. Please, Ru... I need you to come and get me," she said, flailing her free arm while the other gripped tightly in her phone.

"Well, how do you know she's not in love with you? What if all these years, she keeps jumping from one pussy to another because it frustrates her that she couldn't have you. Afraid to 'ruin' your 'friendship'. You know what? You two are fucking dumbass!"

Anntonia swear she could imagine Ruru making an exaggerating expression when he mentioned the words ruin and friendship with his hands up in the are with a quote and quote gesture to mock her.

"Yeah, right, because that's what dumbasses do at all. Whatever! Listen, I don't care what you're doing, who you're doing, you will come and get me here before she woke up. I'm gonna send you my exact location and I'll be waiting outside the front doors of this stupid lodging house in exactly one and a half hour and if you're not there, I'm going to kill you. I'm not joking, either. I will literally kill you, Ruru."

"Damn, no need to get all brutal with me, Ann. But it's probably not in your best interest to leave, you know. Besides, I don't think Michelle would be too happy with me if I did this."

"Please, you don't know my best interest and it's like you ever give a damn what Michelle thinks of you. You can't get out of this. You owe it to me! Please, please, please. Come and get me. I cannot go ahead with this trip Ru. Do you understand?"

"Fine... Fine... and good luck breaking the news to her that you're not continuing your little journey together. Although I doubt it if she will, I mean, after that mind-blowing experience you gave her last night," Ruru said, laughing at the tease she just threw at her. She can't blame the guy, she knew exactly what she could do in bed. But then, she realized, last night wasn't like the rest of time she shared with someone. Michelle was different, she loved her long before she realized it and it wasn't like that with her. It was, for the first time, she felt like a woman who think nothing but love and affection the whole time until they were one.

Not even Irfan? Part of her mind asked.

Not even Irfan. She answered to herself.

"I just don't understand Ann, you know? Why don't you just face it head's on? Why don't you just tell her the truth? Who knows you'll get the right response from her." -Ruru

"If... but what if I don't? What if it meant nothing to her? What if Im just plainly her best friend and last night was just one of her mistakes? I cannot Ru. It's already hurt just thinking about it. I'm hanging up on you now, okay? See you in a little while. Or you will die." Then she press the drop call button and set her phone next to her on the concrete bench she was sitting on. Just few meters away from the lodging house. She took a deep drag of her cigarette and tossed the burning remains to the ground.