What's with the Woe degree?

the start of this chapter is set before the end of the last chapter. it is earlier in the morning and extra-curricular lessons are still in session
this chapter will have two POV's. Why? Because I'm the writer and I say so. if you don't like it, cry ig idfk.
bc it has two POV's, it's gonna be long as shit. i figured since these two chapters are too short to be their own that i would just blend them but🤕🫵🏳️‍🌈

enjoy!
———————

Enid's POV:

I fix my fencing suit from the back before I get out of the changing room. I can feel my hands shaking and heart throwing itself against my chest as I pick up the foil and start swinging it, letting my hands get used to the weight of it.

I have made a recent discovery.

This morning, Thing and I had a super deep conversation, in which I almost told him about what happened to Ajax.

Almost.

However, when I went to say it, the words couldn't come out of my mouth. I literally could not say a word. It was like my mouth zipped close before I could continue on with the conversation. Then, I couldn't speak at all until I eventually gave up. And so naturally I decided to try alternatives.

I broke every pencil I used trying to write it, I had to get Thing to buy more ink and paper for Wednesday's typewriter as I wasted that too. I couldn't even sing it.

Now it's no longer a matter of me not wanting to tell people for Ajax's sake; I literally cannot speak or write of it.

This is bad. Xavier probably did some physcic shit while I was in that telepathic glitch with him. If I'm never able to speak of it again, Xavier is going to use that to his advantage and do whatever he wishes.

I knew I should've gotten rid of him when I had the chance.

Now, I try to remain calm and collected as I stand opposite Ajax ready to fence and he does not know.

"En Garde." Coach says, and Ajax attempts to smile at me as he pulls his mask down and positions himself. I do the same.

I'm sorry, Ajax.

"Allez!"

———————

Ajax runs after me when fencing ends and I walk out of the gym in my normal uniform.

"Enid! I really wanted to catch you before lunch. Are you feeling any better?"

I turn to him. "How did you know I was unwell?"

"Doesn't matter. Are you okay? Was this lesson okay for you? I didn't hurt you did I-"

"Ajax, chill. I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Of course! Come here, Ajax." I open my arms as an invitation to hug me. He takes it almost immediately, still softly hugging me as if I were made of glass.

"I've been meaning to talk to you. So much has happened since we last spoke and..." He trails off, looking around to see the sheer amount of people in the hallway. "But maybe we can continue this much more privately."

"Yeah, you might be right."

As Ajax and I sit outside of the Edgar Allen Poe statue and eat our lunch, I realise that I can speak about what Xavier did with people that already know of it. Otherwise, my mouth zips tight shut and I cannot speak again until I drop it.

I should probably tell Ajax.

"Hey uhm..." I start, as Ajax stops speaking about Mr Smiths camal toe to listen to me. "You know the... incident with Xavier?"