I don't know life without woe

ignore the fact that i haven't posted in months

CW for...

-anxiety attack
-gorey/vulger imagery
-mentions of rape/sexual abuse
-xavier actually having a speaking role

enjoy!

———————

Enid's POV:

I dance until the soles of my feet burn and my arms grow sore. Nationals are just around the corner and sitting around not even practicing for the auditions is going to get me nowhere. So I came here to work on my solo.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I just feel so... weird? I feel so angry and I don't even know why. Wednesday and I are together now, we're finally together. Things are the way they should be, I should be happy. Why am I still complaining?

I love Wednesday, I do. I know that to be true. I'm finally with the love of my life. Everything is fine.

I just need to dance until I hurt. That'll make me feel better.

I love dance. I've loved it since I took my first steps as a two year old werewolf who had jumped up and flung her body around at the sound of pop music. Ever since then, dance had become one of the few things I'd never get sick of.

It helped me when I was overly happy, excruciatingly angry, helplessly upset. Dance has never disappointed me. When I had no one, I had dance. It's freeing and painful all at the same time.

So why do I still feel furious?

"You're getting your blood on the floor."

Well that isn't helping my issue at all. What is she doing here? I feel a low growl rumble from within me as I stop dancing.

"Calm down, wolfie. I don't bite... unfortunately."

Esme walks over to me. She's significantly taller than me, but then again, she's significantly taller than most people so I have no reason to really be intimidated.

"What do you want, Esme?"

"Waiting for Wednesday. I'm tutoring her after school and told her to meet me here. What are you doing here?"

Finding any reason not to throw you to the brick wall and watch as blood pools around your body.

"Practicing for auditions."

"Oh, right. You're trying for a solo. Are you sure you can handle it?"

"Positive." I deadpan.

"I'm not trying to be condescending or anything! It's just... well you know how Señorita Garcia can be."

She pronounces her name as if she were fluent in Spanish.

"Pestiferous? Infernal? Irksome? Vexing?"

"I was thinking more... opinionated."

Why does she always do that?

"Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" Esme questions almost innocently.

"Try to be so... nice?"

"Am I supposed to be mean?"

"Yeah, once in a while so that people actually have a reason to hate you. Your kindness is unsettling."

She chuckles. How does she make that sound so sweet?

"Why are you laughing?"

"Sorry, you just- reminded me of Wednesday."