Chapter 8: King of Fools Part 1

The marble floor in the office room was illuminated bright and full with the essence of Nazarick, while in some spots, changes and slight deformations on the walls could be seen. These were Eight Edge Assassins, insectoid-like beings guarding Ainz at the current moment.

Nothing in the world could match the immaculate cleanliness of this room, cleaned hourly for the Supreme Being's occasional visits. Outsiders might not comprehend its significance, but Nazarick's maids considered it a tremendous honor.

"Did you come up with something, Demiurge?" A regal voice asked the Guardian standing before him, who bowed at the question with elegancy only befitting by a creation of the Supreme Beings.

"Indeed. I have studied long enough to surmise it all. Still, it might be only a fraction of what you had in mind, Lord Ainz." Demiurge said in a submissive tone. He knew with all his wisdom and intelligence that the Supreme One had much more than he had to offer. And every day, he would be reminded of it in some way.

'I know that whatever you came up with isn't near my imagination!' Ainz couldn't help but think. He knew the Guardians praised him as an all-knowing god, but he relied more on them than they on him to be, frankly.

"Then do tell, Demiurge." Ainz requested as the devil began to recite his plan.

"Very well. First, I thought, how dare these lesser lifeforms claim land that has Nazarick upon it, and so conquering our surroundings by force would be the first thought. But that wouldn't be very wise, as more problems would arise after that and diminish Nazarick's resources at a higher price. Nations would reject us and send their armies to get back the territory we claimed. And we would be seen as the villains, and in some way, we are. So I made a new plan, one that I made out of two. Not only will we send envoys to the Re Estize kingdom on our west, but also the Baharut Empire to our east. We tell the kingdom to release their lands to us, as it is rightfully ours. Suppose they accept, of course, something that they certainly won't do. They will amass a small army, thinking of us as nothing more than some mercenaries holding their land in our hands. But before that, we will ask the Emperor of the Baharut Empire for an alliance and promise to help him in the upcoming war which the two nations have each year. He will not trust us that we can change the flow of battle, so he will need some proof. We will send an envoy with force, showing him we are not to be laughed at. By my reports, he is an intelligent man, a man that overthinks many things over and over again. The easiest of targets to read for me. Then, with his alliance in our back, the Re Estize kingdom will be warier of us but still think of us the same way. They will think we are puppets of the Empire and try to force us out of here. Yet the first army they send will be decimated, with only one survivor to tell the tale. This will show them our true power. There will also be an emissary from the Empire witnessing the events. Further on, the-"

"Demiurge, that is enough!" Ainz stopped the devil, who thought to have made a mistake somewhere. He quickly rethought everything, but to his logic, there were none. Yet the Supreme One acted this way, which meant he had done something wrong.

He cursed his low intelligence for not scaling the fracture of a plan his master had made. Sometimes he would be like this, depressing and despising himself. He thought he was smart and could at least perceive his lord's plan a little, but this reaction from Ainz proved him wrong.

'He just kept on talking. I couldn't take it anymore!' His mind couldn't bear the force of his words any longer. He had to intervene.

"Demiurge, we will send envoys to the Re Estize kingdom first. We will even offer compensation for these lands. And if that fails, we will implement the rest of your plan." Ainz commented to a somewhat devastated Demiurge. Yet he seemed to keep his composure as long as he was in the presence of the highest being in the world.