Chapter 9: King of Fools Part 2

"Your Majesty."

Sebas bowed respectfully as he approached the throne. The man on the throne seemed old, his grey hair showing the restrains of life. Only from the smell alone could Sebas tell he was fragile to the very point that stress could even kill him. Yet the king didn't seem bothered about this and continued to take his weekly court meetings seriously. If not for him, who would keep an eye on the nobles?

"Please, raise yourself." The king's voice echoed, calling Sebas to meet his gaze. The nobles could only look with puzzled looks at the remark.

Yet Sebas did as said, his firm gaze pointed towards the king.

"I am King Rampossa the Third, the current Ruler of Re-Estize as its king. I must say, it is a pleasure to meet someone who saved my Warrior Captain's life." He chuckled, and the nobles were even more startled to hear that this man was one of the two who had saved the commoner's life. They either looked at him with disgust or honor.

The nobles in the kingdom were extremely loyal or extremely corrupt. There was some middle ground, but these nobles were exceptions that didn't live very long in the world of politics.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, King Rampossa the Third. I am Sebas Tian, a simple servant of my master, Ainz Ooal Gown." Sebas replied with a sophisticated demeanor. He knew how to talk with a Supreme Being, so he surely could deal with a mortal king.

"Sebas Tian it is. Then, on behalf of the kingdom, I thank you and your master for saving Gazef's life." With that said, the king bowed shortly to the newcomer, making most noble's mouth agape. Who was this person even the king turned to, and why did he bow? He was a king, one who shouldn't bow at all. Yet he did so before a simple servant, not even the real person who saved Stronoff's life. This only made them think that the king was unfit to rule anymore, putting prestige and honor to the ground by committing such an action, their own as well.

Most nobles would want to become kings themselves if it was that easy. But he had heirs, one princess and two princes. The oldest was the sturdiest, and the youngest prince was smart but seemed weak with no talent in swordsmanship, an ability every royal and noble alike should possess. And the princess was not even in the thoughts of most nobles. A girl should never think of becoming the ruler of a nation or even an heir. That was tradition for ages, and like that, it should stay.

"I am not worthy of your thanks. I only followed my lord's command, and that was to assist him in rescuing the village and Gazef Stronoff. It is he who you should thank, Your Majesty." Sebas humbly deflected.

The nobles erupted in an uproar of insults, in a state of confusion and anger. Sebas said that his master was a lord, but they knew of no lord called as such. Such a thing was a crime. They did not like Ainz Ooal Gown, who proclaimed himself to be a lord. Most would want to kill this man who dared to claim a title without owning any land.

"Your master, a lord? Please, who even is this Ainz Ooal Gown?"

"Just some mage that thought saving the Warrior Captain would give him some sort of noble title, perhaps? That's even a crime!"

"It was probably luck that he saved Stronoff. He doesn't even dare to come here by himself."

"We should request him to come to the capital immediately!"

All the nobles rang out in different tones and sounds. They shouted and screamed until the king mustered up enough breath to put them to silence once again. Sebas, hearing them mock his lord and last of the Supreme Ones, was filled with a rage he undoubtedly had to control, or else he would not be able to fill out his master's order.

"Enough!" The king yelled, and the noble's mouths shut down. They complied more as a courtesy than as an admission of the king's power. "Forgive me, Sebas, for my subordinate's behavior. And, please give many thanks to your lord, I had wished to meet him personally, but maybe that can be arranged in the future."