03 . 'playful energy'

My phone rings again

My phone rings again. It's rung about seven times, but I keep hoping that whoever it is will stop calling. I roll over with a groan, fumbling to pick my phone up. I squint at the screen, seeing the blurry word 'Theo' on my screen. I answer.

"It's 6am.. What the hell is this important?" I rasp, still incredibly tired.

"Wake your ass up Kaito." My manager, Theo, says into my phone. We were best friends before he was even my manager, which is why we talk so loosely with each other.

"You should be the one to know better than anyone that I'm tired. You get 30 seconds before I hang up on you."

"Do you know that the internet is literally lighting you on fire for a rumor right now? This could seriously damage the new film."

That sentence wakes me up and I sit up in my bed. "Are you lying right now? Because this isn't funny."

"No, I'm not lying." He says, clearly annoyed with me. "Remember the Movie Awards and the whole thing with your director, Victoria?"

"No.." I croak. "What.. thing?"

"You two were spotted with each other the whole time and it's been sparking a rumor that you're sleeping with her."

I let out a deep sigh. I just finished starring in a movie which is doing great, a new series is scheduled to be released in three months and this controversy heavily affects if people will watch it or not.

Victoria and I are friends. She's a great director but never would I involve myself with people I work with.

"This is stupid. I bet you the first article was put out by Wallen Entertainment." I groan, getting out of my bed and walking to my kitchen.

Wallen Entertainment and AP Entertainment have been going head to head for years. Both companies produce amazing movies and series. Think of it as if Disney and Nickelodeon were fighting. Occasionally, when they're producing a new series or movie, they'll do things like this to boost the popularity of whatever they're making.

"I've been communicating with the PR team all morning. They want to make a Press Release along with doing another stunt to make it seem as if nothing happened." Theo says, I can hear the aggressive typing across the phone.

"Right, so what's the stunt?" I walk over to my coffee maker, starting my coffee maker and grabbing a mug from the top cabinet.

"You fake date someone."

Clash.

I drop the mug, the ceramic pieces shattering all over my floor. "No."

"What was that? Did you just break something..?" Theo asks.

"I'm not fake dating anyone."

"What do you mean no? You have to do it. It's not really like you have a choice."