Chapter Two: A Familiar Spirit

.~Amaterasu~.

"I guess we should look for everyone." Aya said, walking out the door of the classroom. I followed her.

This time, the school seemed different. The atmosphere was strange, and everything felt... Creepier.

"This is so much different." I pointed out. Aya nodded in agreement.

As we walked down the hallway, a feeling of terror began to rise in my mind. I knew there was someone familiar nearby. Then, Aya grabbed my hand and ran.

"A-Aya!!!"

"We shouldn't be in this area!"

I stopped as we approached the science lab. We walked inside and sat down.

"What happened back there?" I asked.

"I sensed... Some familiar spirit. A hostile one."

"So you felt it too..."

"Yeah."

A sudden laugh interrupted us from our thoughts. We whipped our heads around and saw a spirit of a boy. Not a little one, one that seemed our age.

Ken...
_______________________________________________________

.~Katashi~.

"Does everyone have a piece of the charm?" I asked. They nodded.

Instantly, the ground began to rumble. I grabbed Ryou's arm and he grabbed Yuuki's, and he grabbed Shiori's.

"Don't let go!!!" I yelled over the noise.

Then, everything turned black.
_______________________________________________________

.~Aya~.

"Ken!" Amaterasu called.

"Well, isn't it the pussy who let me perish?" Ken hissed.

"Amaterasu, don't let him get to you. The pain he has been in got to him." I whispered to her.

She stood up and walked over to him. I was about to call her back, but I figured she knew what she was doing.

"Ken... I miss you. Do you miss me? I know you do... So snap out of it!!!" She yelled. Suddenly, Ken's body turned blue, and wasn't red any longer.

"Amaterasu..."

"Ken!" She said with happiness.

"Why are you here again...?" He asked.

"Aya found a way to save you all!!!"

"Really?"

"Yes! It's a chanting charm."

"Speaking of which," I began,"We will revive you right now."

Ken smiled and so did Amaterasu. I walked over to him and chanted the spell.

As soon as I was finished, Ken started to glow. After a minute, he was back to flesh and blood, even though his eye was bruised.

"Ken!" Amaterasu hugged him tight. He laughed and hugged her back. I smiled, knowing that this was only one of the amazing reunions there would be.

Mari... We're coming.

------

"Let's go find the others." I said, dragging Ken and Amaterasu.

"What do you mean, 'the others'?" Ken asked. I forgot he didn't know about the others who died, and those who survived.

"Mari, Rin and Rei."

"They're... Dead too?" He asked. I nodded.

"And Kimura, Tsukuda, Shiori and Yuuki didn't want to come." Amaterasu added. I felt my anger building when I thought of them.

"Ryou I get. But why didn't the others come?"

"They were afraid. Afraid of dying." I said, emotionless.

"Oh."

We walked towards the girls bathroom where Mari died. Since she died in a different space, I wasn't sure if she'd be there.

When I looked inside, she wasn't there. I looked in all the stalls, and they were empty. Only the first stall was pitch black.

"Nakahara..." Ken whispered. I turned to him.

"What about her?" I asked, clenching my jaw.

"That's where she died. Her presence still lingers. I can still sense everyone who's dead."

"How? You don't even care for Mari." I said.

"How do you know?!" He yelled.

"Because!!!"

"Why?! You can't assume I don't care for her if you don't know me well enough!!!"

"I KNOW YOU WELL ENOUGH!!! YOU DON'T CARE!!!" I screamed.

"I LOVE MARI!!!"

That took me by surprise. I stepped back.

"Ken, Aya, stop it!!!" Amaterasu yelled.

"Fine. You know what? Let's just leave this room." I said, tears slipping out of my eyes. I looked at Ken, and saw his face was red, and his eyes were watering. I guess he really meant what he said...
_______________________________________________________