Chapter seven

"Let us out! Let us out!" Mac screamed pounding on the door. "It's no use I've been here a thousand time!" Gracie shouted at Mac storming down the cellar stairs and sitting against the back wall.

Mac stared at her for a minute before walking down and sliding down the wall next to her. "Are you ok? About everything your um mom said?"
I looked at Mac. Taking in her hair, and eyes and wondering why she cares? She doesn't like gay people she's made that very clear so why does she not care about what my mom said.

"She was never this bad. She would shit and leave me down here for a bit but she's never been this psycho before" Mac nodded a bit as we waiting in awkward silence for awhile. "Maybe it's because she found out your a fa- your gay"

I covered my face with my hands to hide my red cheeks. I don't want her to think I'm into women. What if she thinks I like her? This is one of the worst moments of my life. Plus getting sent to the conversion camp I'm guessing

"So like, why didn't you tell me you were gay?" Mac asked, staring straight ahead. "I didn't really think it would be a part of my life. I didn't think about it, I didn't think what I was feeling was like liking" I said not making much sense.

"You wanna know what happens to me in the future" Mac says as I look at her.
"I die. Cancer." My eyes open wide as I bring a hand slowly to my mouth. "Mac im so sorry" I said hugging her.

She hugged me back facing away but I saw her while away a tear. "Yeah well what's there to do. Hey ! At least I'm not gay huh" I roll my eyes but don't let go from hugging her as we sit in the cellar waiting for something.

Suddenly the door swung open and Dylan stood there. "Girls? Come out!" He said as we hurriedly climbed the stairs and Mac hugged him.

"Cmon girls let's go" he said pulling us out the house as my mom shouted out to me "Grace! Wait darling wait" I stopped and faced her as she got on her knees stroking my hands in hers.

"It's not your fault ok? God knows that it's ok. You were brainwashed ok? By the girl you had in your bedroom all those years ago. Mackenzie! Sweetheart don't leave me you were sent to me ok?" I got up and left in shock pulling my hands away and running to keep up.

"Are you alright?" Dylan asked in the car looking at me and Mac. "Yeah I'm fine, Gracie?" She asked me looking at my face with concern.

I looked back at her stony faced. "I'm alright." I said looking out the window. Dylan told us we were picking up his daughters from school and then taking them out for dinner.

We arrived at the school, their oldest giving me and Mac dirty looks, Mac raised her eyebrows as I rolled my eyes.

We sat down in a restaurant, me and Mac getting to know Dylan's children and realising how snobby their oldest is. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted someone, KJ.

"I need to go to the bathroom, Mac come with me" She listens as we make our way to KJ and she explains what's happening. "If you don't come now, you'll be stuck here, and if those people get you, left to die!" KJ informed us, worried.

I look at Mac who looks longingly back at Dylan before nodding. We all run out the place and jump onto a large motorbike KJ brought for us.

I wrap my arms around Kj as Mac does the same to me. As we drive I hear a soft frying form behind me. It was Mac. I understood how she must be feeling, to have everything perfect and thought out she had to go back to her brother at the peak of his bullying stage.

And to find out she dies? She shouldn't have to know that. I rest my chin on KJs shoulder thinking about how I'm going to act the same around Max now.

When we stopped I pulled Mac aside before we saw the others. "Mac. Please don't tell them anything about the trip to my mothers. They can't know please" I asked her desperately.

"Your secrets safe with me, but don't tell the others about me dying" I nod understanding we needed to trust each other in this moment.

We ran to the others returning before getting in the large robot to hopefully, finally, go home. Suddenly the robot started shifting and malfunctioning. "What's going on!" I screamed just as I fell to the ground hitting my head and everything going black.

Sorry it's a really short chapter I have a lot on atm!!