Chapter two: Think of the Children

4:00am:
I woke up, took a shower and did my routine, threw on a clean white dress, and did my hair in a clean high bun with two strands let out.
  4:30am:
Allen woke up and began getting ready, so I made breakfast and got the kids backpacks ready. For breakfast I made; french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, with strawberry and banana smoothies. Allen said he wasn't hungry, so I put his breakfast in a container and put it with his lunch that I made, into his work bag.
  5:45am:
I woke up the kids so they could get ready, they were disappointed that they couldn't say goodbye to their dad before he left at 5am. I cheered them up and started helping Charlotte and Jack get dressed. Elizabeth wore an oversized sweatshirt and baggy shorts, Charlotte wore a cute baby pink long sleeve shirt with a matching tutu and white leggings, and Jack wore a green dinosaur sweater and navy blue pants.
  7:05am:
I dropped the kids off at school and went to the grocery store. I just got a few things; pasta noodles, spaghetti sauce, and ground beef. I just needed stuff for dinner. Then I went home, and put away the groceries (except for the ground beef since it needed to thaw out), I then started deep cleaning the house, starting with the kids rooms,
2:25pm:
I was finally done with cleaning, I threw the last load of clothes into the dryer, and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I changed my clothes and washed my face, I didn't want to pick up the kids while I was dirty.
2:50pm:
The kids got out of school and I picked them up. I took them home for ten minutes to eat a snack and get changed, I had to take Elizabeth to a soccer game, against her friends school. We drove for around an hour since it was at her friend's school and not a home game.
  6:00pm:
Elizabeth's game ended. She won!!!! Instead of cooking dinner I decided the kids deserved a treat, so we stopped at McDonalds. The kids were so excited, I got all three of them happy meals and McFlurries. I let them play on their iPads for the car ride, since they got no screen time today.
7:06pm:
We got home, the kids ate, and they got ready for bed. I tried putting them to sleep, but they refused to until their father got home. Since it was the weekend, I let them. I put on a few Disney movies for them to watch, and made popcorn.
  11:54pm:
I called Allen 37 times, texted 23 times, and all within a few hours. At 10pm I started to lose hope. He said that he promised to be home by 9:30pm. Eventually, I called the his work. I was on hold for a while, because almost everyone had already went home. Finally, Allen's co-worker; Mariah, answered the phone.
  12:00am:
"Hello, Mariah in advertisement speaking, how may I help you?" She said in her sweet young voice. She was only thirty, yet she was amazing at her job, and always stayed late, just like Allen. "Hello, this is Mrs. Davis, my husband Allen was supposed to come home a while ago. I was just wondering if he already left, and if not could he head home?" I responded. She told me that he was just packing up and would be leaving soon.
12:45am:
I made the kids go to sleep since it was already super late. I told them that their dad would be a while longer, but he would be home all day tomorrow. I called his phone once more and he finally picked up. "What the fuck do you want Eleanor, I'm driving home! It's like you want me to get in a car crash or something!" He said angrily. "Allen, I need you to come home! You are three hours late and the kids miss you! I can't keep promising them that you'll come home on time next time!" I begged. "Well I'm sorry but I have more important things to do! I can't go to every soccer game or be home all the time, working is more important!" He said. "I know I that you are trying but it's really don't good enough. I feel like I'm raising these kids all by myself, I'm the only one, nobody helps with anything!" I said again, almost in tears. "Whatever Eleanor, stop bitching at be, I'll be home soon." He said aggressively.
  2:37:
Allen finally got home.  I was sitting on the couch, reading a book. "Goodnight, ima head to sleep." He said as he walked up to stairs. "No, you don't just get to go to bed! I want to talk to you! The kids want to talk to you!" I yelled at him in a sob. "Holy fuck Eleanor! Can I have moment of peace! I'll go to the park with them tomorrow or some shit! Stop bitching at me, god damn women! I done talking, goodnight!" He yelled back at me. I just held myself in a fetal position and cried. I didn't fall asleep till about 3;00am. I crawled into the bed with Allen, and fell asleep. I was tossing and turning all night. I slept horribly.