《Chapter Five》

I managed to clean and bandage the wound before Jacob could get home, I changed my shirt to make sure he didn't see the blood, too. At least that's one less thing to worry about. I changed into some comfy pants and walked back out to the living room, carefully laying down and pulling my phone back out. Alastor has kept his promise, and there's been no other murders so far. That's a plus to this whole situation. He said he'd cook for us too, something I'm happy about, but Jacob is highly suspicious about it. He's worried he'll poison us even though he promised not to kill us, so I see no point to be worried about it. The sound of the doorbell ringing made me jump. Couldn't Alastor just teleport in? I let out an annoyed sigh as I got up and walked to the door, my expression shifting to one of joy when I saw Officer Smith out of his uniform. He wore a usual black dress shirt that was tucked into his pants, and under his belt, he still had his badge and gun on him, too.

"Officer Smith! Why are you here? Has there been another murder?" Did Alastor lie? "Oh no, no, no! Everything's been pretty quiet, and please, call me Axel." He gave me a sweet smile which calmed my nerves. "I was wondering if you'd like to go to this new restaurant with me? And maybe we could find something else fun around." He rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, a light shade of red dusting his cheeks. My eyes widened a little as I felt my own face heat up. "A-Are you asking me on a date?" I stuttered a little. His blush worsened, and he laughed nervously, messing with the necklace he was wearing. "Uhm, yeah, you could call it that. Is that a yes?" I smiled and nodded my head. "Of course! I need to get out of this house." I replied with a soft chuckle. His brown eyes brightened, and he nodded back. "Awesome! Will this Friday work? Maybe at eight that night? I'll text you when I'll pick you up." He seemed a lot more relaxed now with his hands to his sides and the cutest smile on his face. He was a very good-looking guy now that I could get a closer look. His brown hair was messier than the day we met, and he was very well toned and muscular. There's no way this guy is single. "Works for me. See you Friday!" I waved, watching him head back to his car before closing the door, only to be met with Alastor, who was standing right behind the door. I gasped and jumped back when I saw him, furrowing my brows and glaring at him.

"Uh, hello? Could you at least give me a warning next time?" His ruby eyes glanced at the door before looking back at me, hid eyes narrowing slightly. "What was that about, dear?" I stared at him in silence before turning away and walking to the kitchen. I heard his shoes click against the floor as he followed me. "Don't tell me you're really going out with that officer. It's not a very smart decision, especially with the murderer that he's looking for in this house." He said with a wide grin, resting his elbows on the counter. "Well, you weren't here when he came, were you? You ran off somewhere after you cut me." I said with a scoff, leaning against the counter and crossing my arms. "What's with that anyway? You said you wouldn't hurt us." I watched his grin widen as he stood back up, walking over to me and standing in front of me with his hands planted on the counter on either side of me. "Darling, have you forgotten who and what I am? I'm a filthy sinner. You didn't expect me to stay clean, did you? And on my first day here as well. I needed some sort of blood to keep me going from a full meal." He gazed down at me with half lidded eyes. For some reason, my heart skipped a beat when he tilted his head at me. Something about those eyes was so alluring, those beautiful glowing rose red eyes.

His deer ears seemed to perk up, and his smile softened. "Oh? Something catch your eye, love?" He chuckled in a sweet tone. I let out a small gasp when he moved some hair out of my face. I could hear him chuckle from my reaction and step closer to me, leaning his face down just inches from mine. I wanted to push him away and yell at him, I wanted to punch his face, but I couldn't. I wanted to get him away, but I kept my hands to my sides, just staring up at him with a blank expression. My heart was beating so loud I could hear it pounding in my ears. He just kept getting closer, gently cupping my cheeks to keep me still. "Do you like this, dear? The attention I'm giving you?" He cooed sweetly, rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs. "I can hear your heart. It's beating pretty fast."  He chuckled, his lips barely an inch from mine. My eyelids fluttered shut as I mentally prepared myself, I don't know why I still haven't pushed him away. He only pulled away when Jacob opened the door, standing right beside me as if nothing happened. "Welcome home, my dear friend!" He said with a joyous tone, his hands behind his back as they usually are. Jacob stared back at him with a disappointed glare. "Oh. So I wasn't high." He shook his head and walked past us and up the stairs. I look back where Alastor was before but found him gone. I let out a subconscious sigh and touched my lips. What just happened??

(A/n) Sorry this was short,, currently at camp and have a little motivation. Hope you guys are doing well!!