Plan B

When Pope returns to the chateau with the key he found Kie is changing clothes. Immediately he averts his gaze, only to try to catch a glimpse of the girl a second later. Even though they had already hooked up once and he'd seen her body he wanted to see her again. He was in love with her and wanted all that she'd give him.

"Hey, uh..." Pope mutters out. "What are you doing back? How'd it go with your parents?"

"My mom gave me the boot." Kie tells him as she buttons the last button on her shirt. "But, it's fine. I'm gonna hang out with my friends for a couple of days."

"Whoa..." Pope breathes out. "Well, I know we have stuff to figure out, but you know if you need a place to stay you can always come stay with me."

"Um..." Kie awkwardly clears her throat. "Yeah, uh... how'd things go with you?"

"Well... Pops was upset. You know, after taking off to Charleston and going without permission and all. But I did ask him about the key, and he said that his grandmother had something like that. So, I went over to great-grandma's place and uh..." Pope pulls the key from his pocket. "I found this."

"Holy shit, Pope!" Kie's eyes widen in excitement. "This is what we need to get the evidence!"

"I... I... I was right in the room, and it... it came out of the ceiling! Look at it."

"Is that writing? What is that?"

"Turn the lights off." Pope instructs the girl. After a moment of skepticism, Kie does as she's told and joins the boy on the couch. Pope hands the key to the curly headed girl to hold up while holding a flashlight up and taking a dusty pillow from the couch, hitting it and causing the dust to fly upward. As if it was magic the writing comes to life in the reflection of the dust with the light being shone on it.

"Holy shit! How did you even figure that out? It's so freaking cool!" Kie grins, then reads the writing. "Path to the tomb begins in the island room. What does that mean?"

"So, I'm... I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Denmark Tanny and an angel." Pope explains how he remembered something Limbrey said about an angel and how the key led to the cross.

*****

JJ waits in the ambulance to get the call from the jail to pick up John B when a cop pulls up next to him. Panic slips through his body, as the officer rolls down his window and starts talking to JJ normally, then he asks where Ricky is. Thinking quickly, JJ tells the officer that he's a transfer and is filling in for him. When the call finally comes through on the radio that there's a need for an ambulance at Kildare County jail the officer offers to go with JJ due to it being a slow night. JJ is hesitant to accept his offer, but he knows that denying his help will only raise suspicions, so he allows the officer to escort him to the jail.

Unfortunately for JJ, when he arrives his patient is not his theatrical friend, but a legitimate cancer patient in need of actual treatment. Not knowing what to do, JJ loads the inmate into the ambulance. Redirecting questions about where he's from and why he's out on a call without a partner, JJ convinces the officer to drive the ambulance to the hospital for him while he "takes care of his patient." The officer skeptically agrees, and once the ambulance is in pursuit a call comes in of a stolen ambulance. Knowing that he's been caught, JJ begins to panic. He quickly pulls out his phone to call for help. The first person that comes to mind is Harli, but he knows that he can't worry her with what's happening. If she ever found out about the stupid plan that he'd come up with and how he'd ultimately failed at saving her brother he'd never let himself live it down. Instead he sends a quick message to Kie, giving her his location and asking for help ASAP.