late night snack

Walking into the convenience store,the bell rang, making the cashier behind the counter turn their attention towards you. Giving the cashier a smile and receiving a small bow, you thought of what you came for. "Excuse me, at which aisle are the sodas and ramens?"

The cashier points towards aisle, you thank them,making your way to the shelves stacked with ramens.

Browsing through the options, distracted in your own world, you don't notice 2 boys walking past you

Only until you had to go around them to finish what you came for.

Avoiding eye contact after realizing they went to a familiar school, afraid they'd try to make up a conversation with you and not being in the mood you quickly went a got your soda,

Quickly ringing up your stuff at the cashier station.

Finally, I received your bagged snacks and drink.

Rushing out the door after bidding the cashier a good day.

Jack and Jimmy watched the girl as she left the store in a hurry. Turning to each other, Jimmy spoke

"Yup, she's definitely his sister." Jack nodded. Before he pulled his phone out. Clicking on a contact name. The person on the other end got the call.
Jack gave his phone to Jimmy.

"How's she doing? Is she alright? Is she eating healthy?" The voice on the other end said, their monotonous voice rang through the phone.

"She's doing alright, we saw her at xxx's convenience store, getting cups of ramen and a big bottle of soda."

"Thanks, Jimmy. I'll send you the money." The person hung up, and just as the call came and went, so did Jimmy's and Jack's phones as they both heard the pinging noise of their notifications.

"Motherfucker, he actually paid in full." Jimmy muttered, plastering a smirk on his face.

"Come on, Jack. Let's go." Jimmy went out of the store as Jack followed him.