Chapter- 18 (REFINEMENT- PART SEVEN)

Time Bubble

Everyone was already on thedge of their seats, as the last part ended in a cliffhanger.

'Oh, come on, when is it going to start again. I can't handle the suspense anymore.' Huaisang whined, falling on his Da-ge's shoulders, who just shook his head and sighed at the dramatics.

'We can totally understand you, Nie-er-gongzi. Even we are impatient.' ZiZhen agreed while rubbing the knuckles of his hands.

'Oh, don't worry. It won't take long, I think.' Wei Ying smirked as he was very happy to be in the knowing in advance, at least for once.

And true to his words, the screen flared up soon enough with the horrific scene of the Waterborne Abyss.

A few disciples paddled and used nets to chase after the underwater shadow. Someone shouted from the other side, “There are some here as well!”

On the other side, a mass of black shadows also whooshed past. A number of narrow boats dragged nets and went over, but they didn’t catch anything.

The viewers with a weak stomach gasped, and some did only because of shock. But all their attention was firmly on the screen. None of them uttered even a single word, for they were invested too much in the scene.

Wei WuXian spoke, “That’s strange. The shape of this shadow doesn’t seem like a human. It’s also sometimes long and sometimes short, sometimes large and sometimes small… Lan Zhan, beside your boat!”

The juniors gasped most audibly even though they had seen Lan WangJi in action so many times. But this was so much more. The "Lan Zhan" of their world was already an adult and had already made a reputation for himself. So it was expected of him to be good or even exceptional.

But this Lan Zhan in the simulation was merely a teenager, and the level of powers he showed were truly at par with so many powerful cultivators of their generation.

Instantly, the Bichen on Lan WangJi’s back unsheathed and stabbed into the water. After a moment, it flew out of the river with a sharp resonance, taking with it a crescent of water.
Yet, it didn’t pierce anything.

He held the sword in his hand with a stern expression. As he was about to speak, a disciple on the other side also drew out his sword, thrusting it toward a dark shadow that swiftly swam by in the water.

'What an Idiot!' JingYi muttered under his breath while Jin Ling glowered at the disciple in anger. The night at Guanyin Temple was still fresh in his mind, and this person's face would forever be etched in his brain just like the last sight of his Xiao shushu's bloody and mangled body.

He stole a glance of Meng Yao but couldn't connect him with the man he had known as both a flower and a snake. He reminded himself that this version of Mang Yao had yet to go through many of the harshness as his other version, even though he has already seen his fair share if suffering already.

The War truly impacted people in many ways. So he was yet unmarred by the cunningness and roughness that came with the Sunshot Campaign or by staying beside Wen Ruohan. Thus, he soon came to the conclusion that Meng Yao still had a chance to redeem himself. But it was yet to be decided for 'this' Su She.

However, after his sword went underwater, it never came out again. He chanted the sword incantation for a few more times, but nothing was retrieved from the water. It was as if his sword had been devoured by the lake, disappearing without a trace.

The juniors burst out laughing while the teens tried but failed to control it. Even the adults shook their heads in despair.

'Did he really think he could compare his sorry ass with our Ha-aa-aa- I mean Lan-er-gongzi?' JingYi mocked, only to be elbowed by a muttering ZiZhen, 'Language, JingYi'.