𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

𝓂𝓎𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈
𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝗼𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝗼𝐥𝐝

(TW: Cutting, read at your own risk!!)

AFTER ELENA STORMED out of the house to confront Stefan, Audrey was a nervous wreck. She was terrified that the boy might snap and kill her sister.

She knows Elena, the younger twin is like a dog gnawing on a bone and when something is on her mind she keeps pushing and pushing until she gets answers.

That's what scares Audrey, she's afraid that Stefan won't like all the question's and will just "get rid" of her.

Her thoughts were so loud that she did the only thing she knew how to do to quiet them. She locked herself in the bathroom and felt underneath the sink cabinet, finding her razor blade she had taped to the top so no one would find it.

As she held the blade in front of her face her hands shook, it was such a small blade. About the size of the tip of her finger and yet, something so small is capable of hurting her in so many ways.

Audrey's eyes watered, she felt like such a failure. Like she was worthless. It had been a while since she had cut herself but for some reason the urge was so strong tonight.

Maybe it's the underlying stress of all her grief and these new difficulties finally catching up to her but as she drew that first line across the top of her thigh she felt those voices in her head quiet down.

Once she was finished, Audrey looked down at her thigh and choked on a sob. It's the same every time. She has the overwhelming urge and need to cut, once she does she feels euphoric and all her bad thoughts and feelings disappear, but right after when she takes in the damage she sees the blood staining her tan skin she's swallowed by a wave of shame and guilt.

How could you be so stupid?

You're weak!

Why'd you do this to yourself again?

The thoughts just kept coming and coming and there was nothing that Audrey could do but hunch over and hold her head in her hands as she cried.

After allowing herself to break down for about 10 minutes, Audrey knew she had to get herself cleaned up. She had to erase any trace of what just occurred in this bathroom tonight.