Chapter 14

We were nearing the shore of Enchatria when we stumbled upon a problem, there are bandits near the coast of my home and it's no good. I was left with no choice but to fire the powdered gun I have; it was given to me when we saw the ships. 

My heart was beating fast, I am not familiar with this, I can fight in a battle ground but in this scenario. I don't know...

"Don't worry, some of my men are already in the ships and it won't be long till we have their captain." Captain Juosse assured as I nodded my head, and it didn't take long for the cannons to stop firing, it was loud, and I could see the redness scattered in the sea, bodies that will soon be a fish food.

"Well, about time!" I heard the captain said as he handed me the binoculars, I took it, and the smaller boat were on their way here with what I believe is the captain of the said bandits.

I saw how they handled the large man; it was cruel to be honest and I couldn't help but tried to leave the room, but my name was called, the captain handed me the gun again.

"Do the honor." He said, I was searching for some kind of emotion on his face but found none.

 This is clearly a different side, and I should keep it in mind that they are pirates, they kill to survive, it's either you kill them, or they will kill you. 

I looked at the man, his face already beaten up beyond recognition, I could see his lips hanging by a small piece of his flesh and it is very disturbing.

"The King died, and they are here to cause havoc, we don't know what would have happen if we didn't return just in time, the palace is at its vulnerable state and these people wanted to see what they could get, gold, slaves and even they are planning to kidnap the princess for their own pleasure-

I find myself firing the gun on his face, I used all of its ammo, and you could smell the burning flesh in the air, I was raging with anger, hatred and confusion.

What would have happened if we didn't return in time?

What happened to the King? Babaylans are with him, what caused his death?

"Well done, Isla!" He was back to his cheerful state as I heard multiple gunshots, guess the bandits are wiped out now, his mates, dead. Like he is.

"Get anything we can use in their ships and burn it after with these bodies." Captain Juosse spoke, as if it was just some kind of a habit, he was smiling like it was just a joke.

"We kill to live, Isla. Sad, but that's the truth, we are constantly at each other's throat. It just depends on you, if you hesitate, you die, if you're thinking, you die. Just kill or be killed." He intoned as I nodded my head.

It didn't take long for the ships to burn into ashes and also a smell I am very familiar, burning bodies.

We are finally on our way to the castle, three or two days will be enough, since we do not plan on stopping by or resting. We need to know what happened and I am very regretful for leaving the King, I am a royal guard for fuck's sake.