Chapter 28

Days have passed, weeks or maybe months, I don't know. I am simply enjoying myself here, the couple would help me meditate every time I get the chance, I know they are stopping me from going back, from leaving.

I could tell, yet I am starting to fancy staying here, but the thought of Ziana is just in my mind and sometimes I feel like I'm going mad. If I have a gold every time I think of her, I'd only have one, since she never left my head.

It was not healthy. I feel like I am constantly drowning myself and driving myself into madness every time I overthink.

What if she's only using me for her own good?

What if I meant nothing to her?

More what ifs came into my mind as I feel a hand touch my shoulder. I was shocked to see where I was brought.

It was a memory of mine, I stood there as I watch Ziana and myself talk, the talk we have been waiting, where we have confessed everything that's on our mind.

I was pulled back to reality when the hand no longer touches my shoulder.

I opened eyes to see one of the kids, the quadruplets consist of a boy and three girls, it was hard at first to determine who is the boy because they all look alike when they were close up, and their hair is not much of a help because it's the same length.

"Jik, thank you." The kid only smiled at me as if he understands what I have said.

The kids maybe cheerful and is constantly running around, but they are surely helpful when it comes to chores. Not much of a help though, they are 3, they would just pick up small wood, but I saw how the animals would offer a lending paw to them, it was a beautiful sight, they live a simple and humble life, and it seems like it is always peaceful here and I love it.

"Isla, breakfast is ready." It was Vex. 

"Why would it be so hard for me to return though?" I ask after trying to explain to them that I need to go back now. I put down my spoon as I look at the two women back and forth.

"I will be honest here Isla, you are only alive because I am letting you live. You are looking past through the things we have said, we know why you want to return, it is because of Ziana, you are mad obsess. Falling in love is nice, it is wonderful and something you will treasure, but you are not in love, you are obsessed!" Vex have raise her voice that made me purse my lips, the kids, together with Nabi left the dining area.

"Isla, you need to understand, you need to put it in your head the danger and threat you bring wherever you go."

"I have lost Nabi once; I don't know what I would do if I lost her again, especially with my children also in the line. We will let you go, but you will carry my words with you. I will burn everything you have ever loved if you don't control that demon. I have demons too, Isla."

"But we are different, I don't let it take control of me." I could sense her, it was powerful, and I would be lying if I say I am not terrified, her eyes glowing red all of a sudden and the green no longer exists, kindness gone into her soul, there was black vein all over her face as she walks closer to me. 

The room was suddenly pitch black. She walks closer until I could feel so much heat radiating from her. It was not a good kind of heat; it was something that will burn someone if it gets closer.

"Vex, that's enough." That was the same word Ziana told me when I was blindly stomping Prince Gilbert's skull.

We were back to the dining room as Vex stared at me, her eyes returning green again and the veins are gone, Nabi was on her side, rubbing her wife's arm in a comforting way.